1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Aug 10, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights 2 forum highlights, collected by NWVault from Obsidian Forums. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Feargus Urquhart, CEO

what hardware will be required.or still too early?
    One of the things that will affect how well NWN1 runs besides the video card is the amount of RAM you have. While I know you can run it on less than 512MB, I'll bet some slower systems will run HOTU just fine with that amount of memory.

Eberron setting?
    Is there somewhere that gives a quick run-down on Ebberon? I went to the D&D site and while I acknowledge that I have the attention span of a 6 year old with ADD hyped up on pixie sticks - I couldn't find an explanation of what it was all about.

Ferret, Developer

Requests to improve mod development
    There are a lot of good ideas on this forum, I was hoping I could request some suggestions specifically on what could make your life better when making mods in the editor. I don't mean when you folks are doing some of your special case type work - but the plain vanilla tasks. The sort of improvements that will help everyone that ever uses the toolset. An example of the stuff I was hoping for is the debug feature and extended help features.

FrankK, Programmer

Day/Night Transitions

This leads to another point, in order to have these transitions we also need sky boxes right away, not in the 2nd expansion!
    Skyboxes will be there--and they will undergo some interesting revisions =) Should make everyone happy campers.

Question About Backwards Compatability
    We are working as hard as possible to make crates and their contents importable. Everything else is up in the air. We will need to change the model format, hence we will be changing the model loading source code. Aside from that, Feargus mentioned quite a few other things that will change in the 2DA files that will break more than a few modules I'm certain. It will be a matter of how much effort will be worth bringing old data forward and is that effort worth sacrificing new content. Writing converters later on may or may not happen, but you will not be able to load a NWN module into a NWN2 executable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Quite a brave move for someone developing D&D games, to admit that he doesn't have a clue about WoTC's new Eberron setting all their efforts are being invested in now...

Even more interesting is that the topic has apparently been deleted now... Maybe Feargus came to realize publicly announcing his ignorance was not a good idea. :shake:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As your eyes adjust to the dim light of candles, you begin to see a silhouette clad in tight tan-coloured uniform, leaning over the bloody pulp tied to the table and shaking from mighty electric discharge.

You vill not fail us again, Herr Ferrgus. *jolt* You vill delete zat thread. *jolt* You vill study Eberron und praise it or your game vill not comm out on time. *jolt* *jolt* *jolt*

:shake: :lol: :grin: :lol:

[ August 10, 2004, 14:40: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.