1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with computer issues quickly. pleeeeeeease help.

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Rawgrim, May 20, 2006.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ok so here is the deal. I have a Dell 9150 with XP Media Center. I was trying to fix some video issues with Kotor 1 and set the video settings from default to automathic. I got asked to re-boot the comp, wich I did. Windows starts up just fine, only the screen is black. I tried entering setup when I booted up, but there wasn`t anything there to help. I tried booting the comp with a windos xp cd in the drive. It started up but still the screen was black. I tried pressing f8 when starting up the comp, and from there I tried starting it in safe mode. Wich didn\t work at ALL. All I got was a list of a bunch of .sys files, and nothing happened. No safe mode. I mean seriously, theremust be something I can do. I mean it shouldn`t be possible to screw up a comp that bad so fast (Have only had it for 2 days, so the can`t be virus on it).

Any help will be most apretiated.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Media Center is VERY easy to mess up unfortunately.

When Safe Mode doesn't work in WinXP, the only thing to do is restart with the install CD in the drive and boot from the CD into the command console. I'm not sure this can also be done with Media Center, but it's worth checking out. I've never had to do that though, so I don't really know how what you can do from there to fix the problem. If there's an option to revert to a previous system state, that will probably fix the problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.