1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help in Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by nior, Aug 19, 2002.

1. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

i defeated yxunomei and freed the villagers but can't find mother eugenia. i have returned to kuldahar and spoke with arundel (both real and fake ones) and the acting priestess but no mother eugenia. i have searched the whole 5 levels of dragon's eye for her but could not find her. is this right or is there something else i need to do? she did tell me that she will wait for me until the i have found the source of the problem. or is she part of the source of the problem? i have already proceeded to severed hand. let me know if i should keep on looking for her and where to look also.

thanks.

[ August 19, 2002, 12:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I never found her either (I think :hmm: )but I've been through the game three times and nothing went wrong so I believe that nothing crucial would happen if you do (perhaps you'd get some XP or an item).

Someone else will most surely reply so just wait a bit longer.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If I remember right, her not showing up was fixed in the official patch. Download and install it.

4. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Isn't she the one that's by the lizard-man temple? The one that's easy to hit with area effect spells?
    If I remember right when you free her she offers you a resting place and then goes to the entrance to the next level and stays there, but will offer you resting when you talk to her. She never goes back to the temple, just stays there as a rest and heal area.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Basically, yeah. She is not relevant to the plot, so I wouldn't worry.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, she's right in the middle of a huge battle with clerics and trolls.

$10 says she got whacked. Either from area effect spells, or you didn't distract the clerics/trolls and they whacked her.

She is not absolutely *critical*, but it's a safe place to rest and she will heal you. Which is all it's supposed to be.

There may be some xp involved, but I know not.

You can reload and make sure you *do not* hit her with area effect spells, and she will live 75% of the time. The clerics and trolls are set to attack you, with her being a 'last resort'.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

thanks for the reply ejsmith but i'm 100% sure she is alive. the strategy i used is let my ranger used stealth and bow to draw away all those trolls and cleric to another area where my party is waiting for an ambush. she is therefore definitely not in the heat of the battle. and i have spoke to her (and used her services) on several occassions before getting yxunomei.

i think i'll do what tal advised. also i have a question in another post that is related to tal's advice.

does that mean you owe me $10? :) just kidding.

[ August 20, 2002, 08:25: Message edited by: nior ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.