1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

nalia's quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ripper, Oct 1, 2000.

1. Ripper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there anyway to get nalia's fathers flail
    I have all three flail heads but i dont know how to get the rest of it.

I would also like to know what a protagonist is because its only them who can cast the spell familia but what is it ??

Ripper

2. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is a forge somewhere in the castle. Bring the 3 pieces there to get a very powerful weapon.

Protagonist: that would be you :)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Can't help you with the first part of the question but a protagonist is a leading person, in this instance your main character (the one your created or imported) at the beginning of the game.
    Only he/she can cast the find familiar spell. Your main character also has to be some sort of mage class in order to be able to cast the spell, of course...

4. Ripper Gems: 1/31

Thanx :)

Ripper

5. CrazyCrane Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] On a related note, where is the third head of the flail? I've found the fire and cold heads, but couldn't find the third. I haven't managed to get through the door in the library which says it needs to be repaired; is it through there, and if so how do you get through there? (someone told me that Nalia can find a secret door which no other theif can; is this the case?)

Thanks for any reply :)

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You're missing the Acid Head, which can be found in the same room Glacious is on, which is on the level with all those Golems and that locked door you can't get into.

If you retrace your steps and go back to the room which you came up from (where the stairs are that lead back down) and go to the left of that room, you'll find a bedroom and in this bedroom is a secret door that leads to the passage that the door you can't get into can be found. Explore this area for the last part of the Flail.

Syl...

7. CrazyCrane Gems: 1/31

Thanks very much, I'll give that a go tonight - can't believe I'm quite so blind... ;)

8. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Speaking of Glacius -- HELP!!! I mean come on, this guy is ridiculous!! He shrugs off spell after spell, he manages to down potions with four people hacking away at him, he hacks people apart in like 3 strokes! Any hints?

9. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

He went down pretty fast for me. I used the slow spell a lot on him.

10. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have the acid and frost heads, but can't find the fire. Anyone remember?

11. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Fire Head can be found where all the Golems are.

Syl...

12. Wingfoot Guest

DailyRich, try Chromatic Orb on Glacius. worked for me. he failed his save and was stunned. then you can use him as target practice. what a sweet spell.

13. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I used Haste and Defensive Harmony. Glacius is a badass warrior, but he's *just* a warrior, and if he can't hit you, he's lunchmeat!

14. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Any idea on how to take out the three giant Trolls in the cellar. Every thing that I try ends in party death, without even killing one Troll.

15. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, Glacius and the golems are no more, and let me just say, Minsc with the Flail of Ages, Oil of Speed, and Potion of Frost Giant Strength is a BAD man! I just sent him in to one at a time the golems (I ignored the iron one, since he only moved when I went for the bow and I didn't think it was worth it) and they went down in two or three hits. Glacius was a bit tougher, but I had my two mages slamming slow spells into him, my dwarf wizard slayer hacking with the magic axe, Minsc with the flail and the magic hammer, and Yoshimo with his two magic swords. Nicely diced. As for the giant trolls at the end, I managed to sneak forward enough to draw out the leader but not the other two. Once the leader was down, his two buddies weren't a problem. Slow spells again were VERY useful.

16. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

About the Trolls...I sent Aaerie in and smote him down the the Holy Smite spell, keeping her out of his site line so I didn't have to talk to him and have him chase me down.

Plus, I think I got lucky, but might be worth a shot if you're out of ideas.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.