1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mystra's Death

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Silverblade, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Silverblade Guest

Well, this is number 400.

In the times of troubles the gods Bane, Bhaal and Mystra were killed. Just like Bhaal, Mystra forsaw her own death. Bhaal made lots of children, one with each race and when he died, one could take his place. Mystra made the 'chosen of mystra', but here is my question, did one of the chosen take Mystra's place when she died and if not, is their a god of magic at all after the times of troubles?

2. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

SPOILER ALERT for those of you who for some reason want to read the Avatar Trilogy. Don't read further!

Mystra did foresee her own death, thus she made a deal with the mortal wizard Midnight to keep her essence. When the Time of Troubles ended, Mystra was dead and scattered throughout the weave and thus could not be ressurected, so Midnight was awarded Mystra's place in the pantheon, much like Cyric was awarded Bane's and Myrkul's seats.
    For bureaucratic reasons Midnight changed her name to Mystra as she was ascended, so as far as the vast majority knows no change has taken place at all. Thus, the goddess of magic is still Mystra. :)

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Yes but now Bane has been ressurected through his own half-demon offspring and Cyric is left whith only Bhaals and a portion of Mask's portfolio. He doesnt have Myrkuls portfoli either because the warrior Kelemvor Lyonsbane ascende to be God of Death. And the Bhaal offspring/spawn thing, didnt happen in the Forgotten Realms Setting. Because of the thousands of outcomes all over the world it has been ignored by the writers and therefore never happened. Too bad.

4. Silverblade Guest

Is this Avatar Trilogy also writen on the web? Since I don't have a book store near me that sells such books and I do want to read it maybe someone know were to read it on the internet.

P.S. Don't link me to a place where I can buy it, because I am Dutch and hate spending money.

5. void Guest

The Baldur's Gate series has plenty of info about the Bhallspawn story (well that's what it is...) but I'm shore you already knew that but even if it didn't have it it's worth buying anyway ;) .

Cheers, Void.

6. Egglord Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

oh dear, i've just realised that i've being DMing a campaign with a story line revolving around a god i didn't know was dead. time for a major re-think.

7. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Egglord: Well, Midnight changed her name to Mystra after she ascended, so Mystra is alive very much alive. She's just not the same Mystra. Nothing to loose sleep over. :p

8. ywpark89 Guest

Bane was resureected? I didn't Know! when was he raised and where is this mentioned?

9. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting for Third Edition, I believe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.