1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MY first dragon.......

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nylson, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Nylson Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah, I know the topic was already posted, but I wanted to start my own thread detailing MY first dragon slaying, so here goes:

It had been many days since I made my way back to Athkatla from the Umar Hills Temple Ruins region. My first visit there brought me face to face with one of the greatest creatures know to Fearun. Luckily in my first meeting with this beast I was carrying the Ward Stone as the beast would surely have ripped me and my party to shreds. I knew the beast would eventually have to come down, but not yet....

As I traversed the lands of Amn the dragon was always in the back of my mind and as each day passed I knew the moment of truth was approaching. Once again my party found itself at the temple ruins and we knew it was time to face the mighty beast. We rested outside the beasts lair that night, knowing we would need all of our strength for the upcoming battle. In the light of the early morning we all prepared for battle in our own way. Aerie and I concentrated on memorizing our spells, Jaheria prayed to the nature gods for strength and balance, Minsc polished his blades and armor and tried to console Boo who could sense what was about to happen. Anomen sat pensively as he prepared his equipment and Yoshimo inspected his arrows and bow to make sure they would not let him down in the heat of battle. Without word we all gathered around the smoldering fire. I took the Ward Stone from my backpack and hurled it into the wilderness. As if puppets on strings, we all descended into the dragons lair without so much as a word.

As we entered the dragons lair, our noses began to tingle and burn from the aroma. Off in the distance we could see the faint outline of the slumbering giant. Defensive spells started going off, Jaheira casting aid, Aerie casting chant, Anomen calling on his holy power, me casting protection from evil on us all, Minsc giving us the power of one, creatures began sprouting up from the earth, first a pair of skeletons, an air elemental, and finally Anomen called forth the pit fiend. Our allies in combat reacted without warning an charged the sleeping dragon, waking it within seconds. Minsc began to foam at the mouth and charged the dragon, Jaheira and Anomen followed behind, Aerie and myself began casting lower resistance spells which visiblly concerned the great beast. Yoshimo had already launched several volleys of arrows at the beast and Jaheira, Anomen and Minsc were all slashing away at the tyrant when all of a sudden they were hurled back to the edges of the lair, visibly shaken and confused. Aeire and myself continued to launch offensive spells, as our group pulled itself to its feet and charged the dragon again. This time
    the dragon was not so lucky. Seeing three battle crazed warriors and a demon from hell charging you has an effect on your maorale. With a few more well placed blows, as few more magic missles and arrows the beast fell and his spoils were ours. We all took a deep breath and let out a sign of relief. Then we got to healing each other and resting before we ventured out, for we know our next stop would be the dungeon of Frikraag, another beast we knew would have to wait until we were ready, and now we are.....

[This message has been edited by Nylson (edited January 04, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.