1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multiplayer help reguest...and Final battle in TOB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Black Drakem, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Black Drakem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] For first where can you go online game against others in tob and so...
    and the second
    The battle against the priestess i can kill her hardly like 3 times then i am poofed out...
    I know my mage through and through... have played with mages for 4-5 years...in nwn soa tob
    My team is me mage, Sarevok pretty high lev like 35 or so , edwin viconia korgan valygar...
    In my opinion the best of the best...
    and i play with normal difficulty
    Weaponary is quite good but not that sure...
    My mage is so good he could beat 2 dragons simutanesusly... Still i am over my head with
    with the priestess.....
    PS! don't wane lower difficulty...

[ January 02, 2006, 18:55: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Why canT' you beat the final battle? Enemies are too tough or you run out of spells?

Dude I did beat Ascension battle which is basically ten times harder than the original, and if your lvl is high and you have decent equipment I don'T see why you can'T win the fight.

OK here are some quick advices:

*Use the wands of spell-striking (looted from Watcher's Kepp) on Melissan, and have your fighters GWW on her.

*Delay her summonings with your own summonings. Use Project Image and have him/her summon MULTIPLE (yes, it is a nasty spell trick) Planetars, Mordy Swords, etc. and haste all of them.

*Use Dragon Breath, it ignores MR but be careful, enemies may be resistant to FireD.

*Do not use Time Stop, less Melisan will kick your fighters bad.

*Hardiness do stack. Use it three times and you are IMMUNE to pyschial damage for a time! Melissan can do only some cold damage now.

*Converse your spells wisely, use PI in the eralier rounds and have them empty their books. Let them use wands/scrolls. Imprison any annoying summoning.

*Ultimate Trick:Cast Chain Contingency. Put 3 Project Image on it, target:myself, condition:helpless. Then as you know your PC is secured, cast a new PI. your mage will be paralysed, HELPLESS, CC will kick in and you will have 4 of the same caster! All fully loaded with spells&wands&scrolls and totally expandable! Each can summon lots of planetars, and release deadly attacks!

*If you are low on spells, between rounds where you can save, save, cast a Wish and hope for spell refreshment. Load if necessary. Drink wisdom potions if needed for best results.

*I heard that the double length TS and IA of the Wish spell affects those who are immune to normal TS as well, so try it on Melissan at your own risk!

*Viccy should memorise a lot of Greater Restorations. This spell totally turns the tide of the battle in a blink of the eye! Cast it, and everybody in your party, including summons will be healed TOTALLY and PERFECTLY! Use it a lot!

Hope these ideas can help you. Have fun and give us feedback here! I am sure you can beat the fight!

3. Black Drakem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dam you make me feel like a noob....
    I will try some guides...
    the greater restoration is good.
    And my mage is REAL good allmost 25 in all...
    so no need for pots didn't cheat....
    but anyhow ty for your attempted aid...
    (hope it will go for a good use)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.