1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MUD's

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've found my latest obsession! Now I'm wandering aimlessly around MUD's looking for ways out of sewers and mazes and the rest. Good fun. Anyway, anyone know any good one's?

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

3. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Forgive my ignorance on this subject. I have heard people talking about this before, but never knew the specifics.

A MUD is an online RPG, yes?
    I get the impression they are mostly shareware or by very small companies?
    I also get the impression that they have minimal animation and graphics, and are more "old school" games, and are not really played much anymore.

Can you please provide some more info?
    Thanks!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] MUD - Multi-User Dungeon

A game where people can play and talk to each other - usually all text withought pictures and own ruleset in combat levels and classes (not to mention races ;) )

They are a great way to make friends - roleplay or be yourself (you are supposed to RP on the ones I go on)

A graphical MUD would be www.cabochon.com
    where you can play Wyvern MUD

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] One that i played almost constantly for a few months (before school started and my computer started getting messed up) and which is a lot of fun is - The Discworld Mud

another reason i stopped playing was that there was a big code overhaul and all my maps became messed up and i couldnt find any new ones which made navigating areas a real pain.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I must say, my character is officially stuffed in Tibernus. He's sick, can't move, its the middle of the night and there is a storm going on. How utterly horrid. He can't even sleep so now he's sitting on the ground hoping someone will come along

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.