1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mr. Pot, Meet Mr. Kettle

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    This is the best one yet. This is absolutely true, you can look it up on MSNBC.com.

Today, Bush made this comment regarding Kerry:

What? Are you freaking serious? So, for example, someone who starts in war in Iraq before knowing all the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief? I mean, is this not a microcosm of the War in Iraq? And perhaps a better question, why isn't Kerry jumping all over this?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gee, Aldeth. I don't believe he ever said that. It's prob'ly one of those...ex-agg-er-ations. *smirk* heh heh heh.

Kerry will jump on this, believe me. And even if he doesn't, Wesley Clark and General McPeak already have. Clarks nails him on it:
    General Merrill McPeak:
    Even Rudy Guliani, who's lost my respect completely, had this to say in defense of Bush, who in the very same speech said Kerry was denigrating our troops by criticizing him:
    Is nothing Bush's fault? Ever? Or anyone else in his administration? Can they take responsibility for anything? Is there anyone left on earth whom these people haven't passed the buck to?

These cocks will do anything to win. How guys like Hack, Snook and Grey - all of whom I have great respect and affection for - can sit there and say they support our troops and still pull the lever for Bush is astonishing to me. I just don't get it.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mr. Bor, Meet Mr. Ring

No offence...

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I would think a Brit would have some interest in this, considering you're the only other country on the planet that is making any type of significant contribution in Iraq, but whatever.

Apparently not. Just once, I'd love the hear Bush say, "My bad."

EDIT: WOO HOO!!!!! 2000 posts! :cool:

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I lost a lot of confidence in Blair when he blindly followed Bush like a lap dog anyway... theres nothing I can do to affect the situation, so I just leave it with 'em.

So then I just sit back, chuck some football on the telly and crack a tinny open.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Rudy Guliani's a complete sellout.

As for Kerry jumping on this, I have a lot of respect for him, but he's missed some critical chances in this race, and I have a feeling this will be another that he misses.

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Please, somebody tell John Kerry it's Christmas. This has "home run" written all over it.

Seriously, between this, the faith vs reality-based community stuff, the weapons going missing and the new hostilities in Iraq (conveniently a few days before the election), I fail to see how anyone with a working synapse and any critical faculties could not see Bush for what he is.

Okay, so this is an isolated election issue, and won't change anyone's mind if they didn't feel homeland security was a top priority. But I can't believe how amazingly stupid a statement this is.

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

This late into the race, all the undecided are already decided. The campaign effort now has shifted to getting your people to get out to vote and find "ways" to get 'not your people' to not get out to vote. Unless radical things happened (ie, just hypothetically speaking, another attack on american soil which connects to the 350 tons missing explosives), voters' decisions are not going change drastically. Bush's statement discussed here might be useful but not crucial.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.