1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind or NWN?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by joacqin, Jun 23, 2002.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Should wait a few weeks for NWN and buy Morrowind when the price has dropped or should I get Morrowind right away and buy NWN after I have finished Morrowind? Tips and comments are welcome :D

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Get NWN now and Morrowind later.

3. total Guest

Morrowind is worth money but if you are short of it, maybe you should wait for NWN and then decide. Trying out both would help if you can.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Both are good games and worth the money, IMHO. Morrowind is the superior single player experience, but has no MP value whatsoever. NWN, of course, is purpose built for multi.

If you are going to get both in the long run and are mainly a single player type of person, I'd get Morrowind first. Spend a few hundred hours playing that, then get NWN. By then there will probably be a lot of modules out from the community to expand the amount of game play you can get from it.

Of course, if you are keen on MP, you only have one choice. ;)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think you should get Morrowind first. Of course, I'm one of those people who have been waiting for the game since Daggerfall, spending every single day of the last 6 months at Bethesda's forum, seeing what the developers had to say about the progress... I haven't become less addicted since, so, I'm biased, in other words.

But I do think that it will be a while before we see a good large morrowind expansion, either done by Bethesda or some gamer... so far all mods that have been released are extremely simple, and in almost all cases cheats, such as rings that make you invincible and let you teleport anywhere in the game... The multiplayer nature of NWN makes it a game that might just not end, if the community around it grows large enough. So if you get hooked, complete the singleplay and start multiplayer, you may never get out again, thus never getting to try Morrowind.

Besides, it's not thaaaaat long... I've been playing an average of 6 hours a day since june 1, and I'm about 85% done with the game... you'll play through it in no time. :D

6. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

GET NEVERWINTER NIGHTS! Ironworks forum is being shatterd because of the rush of traffic going to post things in the NWN forum there. I haven't been able to get on ALL DAY!!!!!

7. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] Both of the games are amazing, but I didn't have this problem, my parents bought Morrowind for me, long live Dad!

But if I didn't have the money, then if was you, I would go with NWN, my friend says it's AMAZING, and I'll bet it is.

Buy NWN first, then Morrowind later.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    NWN is AWSOME! And from what I've seen so is Marrowind. If you don't know what to get try swapping with a friend or playing on a friends computer to see which you prefer (PC World often have games running on their computers, and on gyu put black&white on onecomputer by my request!)

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

The only way I'm getting NWN any time soon is if Baldak gets New Jarla up and running!

10. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Morrowind is amazing. NWN doesn't live up to its expectations, mainly because its graphic selection is absolutely RIDICULOUS for how much customization is needed to make a good campaign. That's just in the toolset, although the official campaign is personalityless and drab anyway. But people love it, however. "Starve a cat and it'll eat a rock," as they say.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It's totally a matter of taste. NWN and Morrowind are two different kinds of games. They are both RPGs on the surface but that tag is stretched thin between them. Morrowind is a first person shooter with some RPG elements. NWN is a D&D construction set and multi-play device. Are you interested more in role-player or action? That is the main question.

12. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You're gonna piss a lot of people off with that remark though... in many ways NWN is very action based as well... and I would definitely not agree that Morrowind is an action game either way. Like you said it's a matter of taste, and I wouldn't say that one of them is more role play than the other, apart from the multiplayer feature in NwN. I might just as well ask the question are you interested more in non linear playing, or being told a story? Many NwN players would disagree with such a question. Or of course when it comes to the editor, Do you like being in complete freedom of creating even an entire new game if you like, or do you prefer a simple wizard type interface where all you do is drag and drop?

Let's just say that they're different role playing games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.