1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrigan

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by pplr, Sep 17, 2010.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    This appears to be one of the more complicated computer game romances I've seen.

I give them credit.

You have Morrigan who you already have to be careful trying to romance already and then she tries to break it up (I beat Flementh for her and now she has issues).

Maybe Morrigan is a selfish *****.

Maybe she sees herself as part of a grand plan and once she feels attached to you she goes for what she feels she should do (the plan) over what she wants to (even warns you that you cannot stay together).

Anyway the breakups with here are pretty decent.

If you just dump her out of the blue she gets pissed (big approval drop).

If you argue for the 2 of you to stick together she goes along with it but then has issues-I noticed that her tone of voice changed and she no longer is interested in sharing a tent with you.

If you break it up calmly you can still end up being her friend as that matters to her emotionally (going back to the grand plan/scheme thing again).

I haven't actually cut a deal with Flementh ever and just taken the book from her. Maybe I would have accept there is no way for you to get her to be honest about her intentions towards Morrigan and it appears she would rather fight you than just try to tell you the truth about her plans when she knows Morrigan wants her dead.

More than that, at least if you become friends with Morrigan, she fully acknowledges that Flementh likely is not dead after she sent you off to fight her. Moreover Morrigan says she may be ready and willing to face Flementh again in the future.

While some people may think Flementh takes control of Morrigan (especially if they try to keep the relationship going and not Morrigan's abrupt change in tone).

I disagree. The change in tone doesn't happen with the other options.

Granted I'm not finished with the game yet but feel free to add comments agreeing or not.

Actually, if you have a spoiler to back up your point I would appreciate it because my most recent saves are before and after the conversation where she tries to break it off with you after being given her mother's book.

But this is where I see the game right now.

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Just play the game; you will see what happens. After you beat the game play Witch Hunt to finish Morrigan's story; or at least for DAO.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.