1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More SWG

Discussion in 'Playground' started by joacqin, Jun 8, 2003.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    After reading on the site about SWG I have got extremely tempted for my first real bout with a MMORPG. NWN was highly disapointing due to lack of gameplay but this looks real nice. What I am proposing here is really just that all SPers that decide to get this game and to play it online should try to join the same Galaxy aka server. It is a while until it is released and I am not totally sure I will be able to play it but I am really tempted. So when it is released it would be cool if all SPers that will play it would sync there servers so we would have some people we know there. Oh rebel scum are not welcome. ;)

2. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Why not? I'll get the game.. i won't be able to play that often because i'll in the army for 10 months, but i'll deffinetely play that game. And I think it's a great idea joacqin :thumb:

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Not after the disappointments I've gone through while seeing one previously acclaimed feature disappear after another. The game will obviously be just another DAoC / AO / (insert something else) etc with experiencewhacking being the primary purpose. I played 1,5 entire months of DAoC and 2 amazingly boring months of AO, trying to take part in every little non-expwhack action there was. Until I realised that what I was looking for was a roleplaying game, and there was none to be found there.

Not worth the 10+ euros a month to play a boring, unoriginal, slow-paced hack'n'slash that is easily bested by any single-player RPG.

At the moment I'm waiting for Dungens & Dragons Online, but that'll take a while. And I have a strong feeling even that one will be just another mass-product with no real content to it whatsoever.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

AFAIK this will be a great game. And besides SW is one of the coolest enviroments for a game to be happening in.

First i'm gonna play single player and i'll definitely try multiplayer.
    SP server would be a good idea indeed. That way we could all be more RP than hack&slashers.

@joacqin

If you're dissapointed with multiplayer NWN you definately havent played in ALFA (a land far away). You should check tha Phlan Crier forum here on SP (the lowest one).
    Check topic "flavour of ALFA" and see what cool stuff are happening there.

5. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

Foradasthar, i've read somewhere in a magazine in sweden that there won't be the sort of levels we're used to, there will be a whole new system... can't remember any specifics about it, so i can't really tell you more but now you know there won't be any "experience wacking" :)

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Experience will be there just as it was before. Only there will be no levels. Instead of levels, the experience is gained more dynamically so that the "levels" in previous games now represent "skill levels" (which isn't that different really), which you're able to raise once you've gained a certain amount of experience to get new skill-levels, at certain intervals granting you new skills. I've been following the development of this game since last november I think (within the last 3 months I've only checked on it once or twice a month though), so even while my memory might not serve as a factual up-to-date database, I know I don't fall far off from the truth. This is to say, have a very good idea of all the things that will be in SWG.

My point is, many features that were originally promised to be in the game have been taken away one by one. A company that is so rude as to talk so much bull and then just pull back their promises as if it was nothing will never get my support, that's for sure. Any good marketing manager knows that you give more towards the end, making it seem as if the amount of good stuff never ends. Instead in SWG they do it completely vice versa, showing you something incredible and then taking away more and more until nothing is left. A team so unprofessional as to not even know what the heck they're saying or doing, can never come up with a product worthwhile my attention.

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

Oh, i didn't know that... but since i haven't played an MMORPG before i'm not bothered by this fact, so i will wait and judge it after i've tried it. And i think you should do the same, i mean just because AO sucked doesn't necessary mean that the same fate will befall SW:Galaxies.

EDIT: Don't ask me why i used that "fate-bafall thing" :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.