1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More on PoR at RPGDot

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 8, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Last week Rendelius at RPGDot gave us his first impression of PoR2: The Ruins of Myth Drannor, and he wasn't impressed. Apparently that's changed, as his latest comments are much more favorable.

Since this is slow sunday today, I think it's time to put up a little rant again: This time it's about me, myself and I and on the difficulty to do a first look at a game. As you might remember, I have written a pretty ambivalent first look at Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Drannor. I stated that a full review will come next week, and so I kept playing the game for that.

I am now quite sure that my full review will contradict my first impressions. You may consider this inconsistent, but the greatest fool is the one who isn't able to change his opinion based on his experience. I have to admit that I pretty much like Pool of Radiance 2 by now. In fact, I am having a great time with the game, now that I have accepted that it isn't a full blown RPG, but a nice dungeon crawl. If you have followed my postings in our forums, you will see that each and every day I had to say more and more positive things about the game.

I stated in my review that playing the multiplayer game on myself could change my opinion, but it really was the extended single player experience that helped to change my mind. I wonder if Desslock, who did a pretty negative review (and he called it a review, not a first look) will also change his mind and his rating (supposing that he kept on playing the game). So stay tuned for my full review :-)

You can find his earlier statement here if you missed it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.