1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

more NPC questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Devlish, Oct 7, 2000.

1. Devlish Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hi. Right now I have my NG Sorcerer, Minsc, Jaheira, Jan, Aerie, and Nalia -- just finished her castle.

I was thinking of a long-term party with Minsc, Hier, Jaheira, Viconia, my Sorcerer + 1 more. And I was kind of figuring it would be Jan or Nalia or Iomen for a thief. Any feedback?

Without giving away the specifics of spoilers, is one of the above characters going to disappear from the game?

And perhaps most importantly, could someone give me some advice or feedback on Iomen vs. Nalia vs. Jan for my thief? Or might Hier work for that? I like the fact that they all have some mage spells. But I'm wondering if I would be better off with another dual-class tank like Anomen. I've been a little under-impressed with Jansen so far. And Nalia's goody-goody attitute and comments are kind of annoying :> I like having the second mage (besides my sorc) in Jan/Nalia/Iomen, but they sure can't stand in the front lines. Jaheira can't either, but I'm assuming as she goes up levels she'll get better.

thanks all!

Devlish

2. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I was gonna do a fanatic "use my party" thing, but I don't think I can sway you. First of all, I don't think you have enough fighters. I say lose Jaheria. You already have a cleric, so there's no point. Because you want another mage, I say you use Imoen when you get her. Why? Becuase she has high sense traps and pick locks. She also can get as high as a normal level mage, because those 40,000 exp she has in thief wont hamper her from getting the level limit. If you are going to use Heir, you also have a pick pocket if need be. if you are a big backstab guy, use Yoshimo. I never liked backstab myself, and haven't found many good opportunities to use it yet. The opportuinities I do find usually result in my thief getting torn to shreads. For that extra slot of yours, use Mazzy or Keldorn. I personally would use Mazzy. I didn't expect much from her, but she is wickedly powerful. She has the ability to haste herself, lay on hands, envoke courage, and raise her strength. With the Tugain Bow (short bow, +1 THAC0, 3 attacks per round) and her 5 slots in short bow, she attacks 5 times per round without haste. Put her into consideration. Keldorn can equip the Holy Avenger +5 also, so maybe use him as well.

Om

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.