1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More evidence that Episode III is going to suck?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, May 24, 2004.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's only May. It's still a year out from opening. I seriously, seriously doubt that is the title anymore than Return of the Jedi was Blue Harvest and Attack of the Clones was The Sith Strike Back. AOTC was announced as the title the September before the May release. I would expect a similar case for Episode III. And trust me, if Attack of the Clones can fly as a Star Wars title, just about anything can.

3. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The only evidence I need that Ep. III is going to suck are Episodes 1 & 2. I'll still go see it for some reason, though. Probably some deep-seated masochistic tendencies. I don't think I got enough love as a child.

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't think it sounds any worse than "Attack of the Clones"...or "the Phantom Menace" for that matter...and anyways, I'm more than a tad suspicious of the source...the tabloids? Not exactly what I'd call "quality reporting"...

:yot: Wow!! Sir Bel actually managed to bring Big B out of hiding (shouldn't *really* surprise me...this is a Star Wars topic after all... :p )

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] It is good to see another SW fan haunting the boards again! Another title someone mentioned in the office yesterday was:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

That sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?

I was also watching SW fan movies on Atomfilms.com last night. Did anyone here see "Pink Five?" It's actually pretty funny! You can find it here:
    Luke, Leia, Chewie....Stacie?!?!?

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Don't lend too much credence to rumors of titles this far in advance. I have a promo poster for a little flick that you might remember... "Revenge of the Jedi."

And, yes, it's likely to suck. Phantom Menace sucked so badly that we never bothered to see Clones, and that'll be a hard trend to break. Maybe someday when it comes on free TV...

Should they ever be produced, I'm not the slightest bit interested in Eps 7, 8, and 9 - unless of course they're produced by someone else.

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] If they do 7, 8 & 9 based on the Timothy Zahn series starting with "Heir to the Empire." I think I'd go see them. Anything else, I wouldn't be interested in...But there's no way they'll make those - Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all waaaaay too old now!!

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

A new Hope
    The empire strikes back
    Return of the jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Attack of the clones.

Birth of the Empire.

Now tell me Bel, are you seriously going to tell me that the last title is that much cheesier than the previous :rolleyes: brilliant :rolleyes: titles.

Don't get me wrong, I like the movies too but come on every title is as worse as it can get.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Birth Of The Empire has a nice ring to it.

How about "The Death of The Jedi"??

Or The Death of Jar Jar Binks?

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

'Death of Jar Jar Binks' has a nice ring to it lol. Though it would be clear evidence of Lucas finally giving in and apoligising for Episode 1 lol.

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Star Wars: EPISODE THREE: Anakin Vs. Obi Wan

I hope i'm kidding myself.

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Maybe I'm giving Lucas too much credit for adding subtlety to his films, but after 'Attack of the Clones' I think Lucas more than made up for the bumbling Jar Jar of Episode I; Jar Jar Binks calling for the Galactic Senate vote to give Palpatine emergency powers that will eventually give rise to the EMPIRE. Personally, I thought that was a stroke of genius!

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Jar Jar is gonna die? sweet :p

Hmmm..
    How about:
    Episode III: Help!! My name is Manuel and I am being held hostage at the Skywalker Ranch!!

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
  15. nior Gems: 24/31

How about :

The Return of Saruman... Err, Count Douko or
    Yoda Bids Farewell or
    Bye-bye Mace Windu (sounds like MS-Windows) or
    Hello, Darth Vader or
    Welcome to the Empire

:D

16. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    How about "The special effects strike back" or "The special effect take over" Or something to that effect?

I mean, episode 2 seem to try to cover up gaping plot inconsistancies and a shabby storyline, by trying to dazzle everyone with HUGE effects bonanzas.

[ June 16, 2004, 16:44: Message edited by: Takara ]

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I can't believe at how much I want to slap George Lucas for making the new films. I never used to, I think SP has corrupted me :D ;) :p

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think it looks rather awesome. Just take a look at this trailer that came out for it the other day.

19. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There really shouldn't be such pandemonium over Star Wars film titles. I mean I can understand why, but ALL SW film titles are cheesy. They can't be anything BUT cheesy cliches of themselves. All of them are, technically speaking, devoid of imagination. Right from "A new hope" to "Attack of the clones." Addmitedly AOTC was a tad worse than the others, but if you are a SW fan, you expect such titles. They are part and parcel of a SW movie. In fact, you even begin to like them for their cheesiness :D So I personally don't care what the new one is called. I just hope the actual film won't be as bad as "The Phantom Menace."

And after seeing Episode II, i'm hoping it III can restore some faith. Episode II was by no means perfect, far from it, but it was a DEFINITE improvement on Episode I. So hopefully III will be right on track.

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Wildfire, that trailer was awesome!!!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.