1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Moonstone for PC?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Mollusken, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] As I was answering the video games topic, I suddenly came to think of a game I had on my Amiga some years ago. It was a game called Moonstone, where you played a knight who fought many different kinds of creatures and also other nights. The game was very violent. Does anyone know if this game is available to PC, and how I can find it?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I have it for ms-dos but can't get it to work on my win2k machine :(

you can get it for an emulator too methinks. I know Azardu knows a bit of this, hehe. If you get it, let me know. I want it too!!! :D

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What do you mean "violent"?

There is no "violent" computer game IMHO - you don't actually do nasty things to someone...
    But then again, if killing innocent birds is NOT enough violence for you...

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I don't know about the violence, but you could turn on a lot of blood, yes :)

Gore mode, no fun without it

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did anybody hear finish moonstone? I never really figured out the point of the game and i played it quite alot i even killed the dragon. But i think i had a corrupt copy because it froze quite often. But damn it was funny sign me up if anyone has a playable copy.

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Extremist: Maybe this game caused the bird shooting?

Lokken: Can you mail me the ms-dos version if the size allows that? Remember I'm on 64k here.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

you were to defeat some death angel(or something) in a valley and recover the moonstones. (usually they were in the valley, but sometimes they were elsewhere). You needed something to enter the valley though.

When you complete the game, take the moonstones to stonehenge and become immortalized! :)

SPOILER:

you become a ugh... dunno the word, orion I think, hehe, star picture, something like that

[Was "constellation" the word you were looking for? - BTA]

Ah, yes, that's it BTA :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 17, 2001).]

8. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I had it on the amiga and it was bugged to shite. I could beat that whirlwind woman in the middle bit and got a full moonstone, but when I tried to get the black moonstone the game froze up. I think it is safe to assume that said moonstone was essential to completing the game. *sniffle* ohhh the nostalgia ... I loved Math the Wizard and the way he turned you into a frog if you went back to him too soon for extra goodies. :D Also, Moonstone really came into its own when played multiplayer. Oh how I laughed as the dragon fried my sister or one of those mud guys drowned her while I hacked up the little squeaky furry things in the forest, raking in the xp and treasure.

9. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

10. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

well, i just downloaded that from underdogs, and when i try to open it, up pops a window saying that the packed file is corrupt! god i am never gonna get 2 play moonstone again!!!!

11. Palpatine- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yes you can, just download the Amiga Emulator
    winUAE, and then you just search for Moonstone on some Amiga roms sites, and fix the settings as they should be, :)
    it works fine for me, but i went mad when i almost killed the dragon and the game froze, so i havent played it since then, and that was a while ago, i dont know why i write this, probably because im bored as hell, sitting in school, listening to metal, uhm... sorry

12. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

well. I, in my eternal search for a state of 'moonstoning' have downloaded it from to amiga emulation sites, followed the setups.. and still it doesn't load!!! does the neat bit with the druids, then just sits there! :flaming:

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited November 21, 2001).]

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Spudsquisher:

Same thing is happening here with the PC version... :flaming:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.