1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing the Address Bar in IE

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Dragon's Jewel, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Am I missing my little bar? (I'm being a little obtuse, but you'll have to forgive... I don't know the real name.) You know the little bar at the top of your web-browser that you type in the address of the place you desire to go? We started up IE today and it's *gone*. It's like a missing pet, but harder to find. I tried some of the options in both View and Tools, and so I'm stuck, so if anyone can help me, I may not throw the computer out the window...
    (We won't even talk about the spyware and stuff that I had to get rid of tonight... thank you kitrax!!)

[ December 03, 2005, 17:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Right click on the bar with file, edit etc., and you should see "Navigation Toolbar", or something along those lines. If it's disappeared, it should be unchecked, and you should be able to turn it on from there. Either that, or it's been compressed into the side of the window. Look for a ">>>" or somesuch.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Try "view" and the options in there. Not sure; it's been a while since I have used IE.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have my address bar hidden for certain games. Try going to the top of the bowser page and wiggle the mouse around until you get a double-headed arrow. When you get that, click and drag and you should get that address space appearing. It's possible you (or someone else) hid the bar manually and you can open it up again this way.

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

Well, I appreciate the help (and the title change, I was a little conked from no sleep when I posted originally) but unfortunately nothing has worked. All of the options when I right click (and when I go to View) are checked off, and I never get a little double arrow no matter what I do.... I have to say that I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with being hidden (the double arrow thing) and I can't pull it back up... I'll look into my computer options a bit, but if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

Press F11?

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    And...if pressing F11 doesn't help, you might have a browser hijacker. I was over at my dad's house the other day, and his IE has 4 "search bars" but no address bar! :doh:

After using AdAware, it found 39 'critical' malware files...and after usning SpySweeper, it found an aditional 6 more.

After all was said and done, he had his good ol' address bar back, an added link to my anti-malware guide ...and a lecture from me. :evil: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.