1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missed Quest(s)?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by mexican, Jan 20, 2006.

1. mexican Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1) I found that there is a quest involving Nalia and her ex-fiancee. A messenger is supposed to come and inform us of her father's funeral a week after I win the stronghold. I've had her in my party since a little before a 7-day week (to cover my bases in case the poster didn't mean a tenday) and have never had this runner bring the news. I'm on 20 days after I received the reward for the stronghold so did I miss it or possibly mess it up? I have ToB, Tactics, Multi Stronghold, Unfinished Business, Questpack, and all the patches from Baldurdash.

2) I mentioned this in the Kuroisan thread. Basically he spawned at a super bad time and I ran into a building to rest and take care of a quest I thought might be time based. When I came out he wasn't sitting around and hasn't spawned since. Does he ever respawn or did I blow it?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. This is just a guess, except for Valygar I have never really added and removed party members just to get their quests, but you may need to have Nalia in your party for the entire week.

2. He should show up again sooner or later. Try wandering around the city popping into each area for about 30 seconds to see if he spawns and then moving on to another area.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1) I didn't get rid of Nalia, and that quest showed up when I was wandering around the Government District.

2) I have never heard of Kuroisan.

4. abel Gems: 1/31

kuroisan should spawn again in 24hours (2-3 rest) right when you zone back to outdoor area of athkala.

5. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

As others previously pointed out, is Nalia in your party? As far as I know that quest is related to having Nalia, not having the stronghold. I've played a MP-made party once and I never got that quest either - I *did* grab the stronghold but never did the quest show up since I hadn't let Nalia join up.

6. mexican Gems: 1/31

I could've swore I replied to the first two responses...

Anyway, five to six days after I obtained the stronghold I put Nalia in my party in preparation of the upcoming quest. I didn't think she'd have to be in my party for the entire week leading up to the event, however. I've had her in for many a day afterwards, but still nothing. Perhaps I could spawn the runner using a code?

Thanks for the heads-up on Kuroisan. I'll zone out when I head back home and take him on. :)

7. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's a real-time time-based clock as far as I know - constantly resting won't help. I'm not sure, but dumping Nalia and *then* taking her back might cause this timer to screw up and/or reset.

Take note that the runner will *only* show up if you're in town (much like the Bard stronghold's messenger) - therefore if you're in the wilds, head back to Athkatla and pray it works.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It is NOT real time, it is a game-time clock, and resting does bring it up. The problem is indeed with dumping Nalia, as this not only resets the timer, but from my own experience it completely screws it up. I've had the same happen with Mazzy by the way - if you free her but don't let her join your party, and then get her to join once you've destroyed the Altar, you can never get her sister's quest to spawn properly.

9. mexican Gems: 1/31

Hmm, I've been traveling for 10 days and Kuroisan hasn't appeared again. Is there a CreateCreature entry for him that I could use? The obvious choices don't work.

Ziad:
    I'm taking your advice and not dropping Mazzy until her sister quest starts. About how long will I have to wait for it?

10. samuel Gems: 1/31

Kuirosan may not appear if you are not actually wielding the 'Celestial Fury'. I avoided him successfully for quite some time by simply unequiping it whenever I ventured outdoors.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.