1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Misbehaving in RPGs?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Midwinter, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've recently been visiting Doug the Eagle's website (www.it-he.org), and I've been looking at how you can have some fun with some of the Ultima games.

However, does anybody know of any other games it's possible to do silly things with? I've disregarded BG, BG2, Torment and KotOR as being essentially unbreakable - maybe one or two odd things but nothing spectacular. Anybody got any suggestions?

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Geneforge 2.

I haven't tried it, but I heard you can unlock a secret ending if you kill everyone. I dunno if you consider that a silly thing though.

Edit: Oh wait. In PS:T, tell everyone you are Adahn. Sooner or later, you will have an interesting encounter.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

More Ultima fun!

Ultima Underworld 1
    Some monsters could be pushed off cliffs and into water. They go splash and are never seen again. But watch out for one green goblin in the bottom levels - their messiah - he walks on water!

Ultima Underworld 2
    The Tomb of the dead Lord guy (forgot his name) is fun. The second floor has all those bouncing fireballs, and the pressure plate traps also shoot fireballs out. Try to lure monsters into them (or summon a daemon) and they'll be burnt to crisp in seconds. Just make sure you've got flameproof on. And try not to kill that NPC ghost near the entrance accidentally (not that he's important).

Also in UW2, you can't normally high level spells in Britannia, but here's a way around it. It only works for spells that must be targetted after the initial cast, like Open or Bleeding. Here's the recipe:

- Once you have a target in mind, such as a door or chest to open, clear the way to the target. ie: open all the doors and portculis. Make sure you don't need to click on anything to get there.

- Go to another dimension and cast the spell. The mouse cursor should change to a blue cross.

- Navigate back to Britannia. Notice your mouse cursor is STILL a blue cross despite the screen change.

- Go to whatever target you want (that's why we needed to clear the way first) and cast the spell.

This allows you to open that door in the basement before Charles or Nell or whoever gives you the key. And you can also do this to open the otherwise-impregnable chest in Lord British's bedroom (you'll be disappointed with its contents though).

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've never been able to figure out how to get in, but in Might and Magic 6 & 7 there's a secret dungeon (the NWC dungeon) that's got loads of good equipment.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Now that I look at that link again, I'm surprised he didn't say anything about Ultima 4 and 5. In both, you can sin as much as you want at the start of the game - before you get 8 parts avatar or get a good karma rating. Use this to equip your future party with magic axes, bows and armour.

And a few more things about Ultima Underworld 2:
    You can turn a scroll or potion into a pile of debris that retains its original effect. So grab a potion of healing and turn it to debris with a lightning bolt or something. Then pick up the debris and use it - infinite healing. The hardest part is remembering which pile of debris does what in your inventory since they all look the same. I think one of my characters had a seperate pile for healing, restore mana, daylight, telekinesis, water walk, fly and some others.

You can also make stuff from mundane objects. Corn passed over a torch becomes popcorn. Wax and thread becomes a candle. Fuel and a piece of wood becomes a torch. Thread and a pole becomes a fishing pole. Etc...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.