1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Michael Jackson Converts to Islam and Changes Name to Mikaeel

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I kid you not...

The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, converted to Islam in a ceremony at a friend's house in Los Angeles.

He is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated.

According to The Sun, the ceremony took place while Jackson, 50, was recording an album at the home of Steve Porcaro, a keyboard player who composed music on his Thriller album.

The former Jackson 5 star was counselled by David Wharnsby, a Canadian songwriter, and Phillip Bubal, a producer, who have both converted.

A source said Jackson had appeared a "bit down" and added: "They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief."

Last year his brother, Jermaine Friday, suggested Jackson would convert having taken an interest in Islam since Friday's conversion in 1989.

"When I came back from Mecca I got him a lot of books and he asked me lots of things about my religion and I told him that it's peaceful and beautiful," said Friday.

"He read everything and he was proud of me that I found something that would give me inner strength and peace.

"I think it is most probable that Michael will convert to Islam.

"He could do so much, just like I am trying to do. Michael and I and the word of God, we could do so much."

Source.

Do you think they'll re-label all of his albums to credit Mikaeel Jackson now? :shake:

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, if he decide to buy a bomb girdle then I will worry(not long being dutch) and ask myself the question, at a silly moment, what kind of virgins he wants?

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Somewhere Osama Bin Laden is going WTF?

martaug likes this.
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We all need to believe in something, it doesn't matter what just as long as it gets you through the day

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't care what he does as long as he stays away from children. However, all of his old JW friends are going to 100% shun him now -- IIRC it's part of their religion to totally cast out anyone who leaves it. Correct me if I'm wrong. God knows, on an issue like that, I WANT to be wrong.

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

wait a minute...

first black Jehovah witness, then white Muslim what will be next? Hispanic Buddhist?

this is trying to please everyone!

8. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow,
    I never thought the Muslim church would agree to that!

They're going nuts too!

9. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    He willingly converted to a religion that will reward him with virgins of the female persuasion when he dies?:confused:

martaug likes this.
  10. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I saw this thread and thought "it's a joke, surely..."

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Isn't that what Cat Stevens did?

12. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    What the hell?

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Perhaps he things Allah will save his face...obviously the Christian God hasn't... :p :rolling:

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Technically they are the same God as far as Abrahamic religions are concerned so if that's the plan he is sheer out of luck.:rolleyes:

16. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There is still one thing I wanna know;

What does Jackson want from this deal.
    Is a no-brain-er that he has little use for all those "virgins" he will receive as a good Muslim! But then again..if they are "kindergarden" age...he might be tempted!

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Maybe someone forgot to inform him of this little detail before he converted :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.