1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Memorable Events

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Aikanaro, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What would you peoples say the most memorable/interesting events/threads in BoM history are? Links would be nice (though I understand that you all probably can't be bothered ;) ), though do at least include a searchword.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Herf's "Yellow Feeling"

I still don't know what the hell that meant...And it's been like 2 years!!!!

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    One of the more amusing events in my SP memory ...

In the background, a certain guy of three names joined SP. He started off with the name 'Abazigal'. He was something of a braggert, with nothing to back it up, and all-around abusive towards pretty much every other member of SP. Suffice to say, it left a bad taste in the mouths of many.

So then, he posts this, http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001956#000000

His very own advice column on how to play TofB. His request to be peppered with TofB questions led instead to his being peppered with ridicule and joke questions. That was made even worse by the fact that some people did ask legitimate questions in the thread, and he didn't even answer those. A particularly illustrative quote comes from Taluntain himself:

The joke questions and ridicule press on full steam ahead after that. And so, after more than the 24 hours to prove the legitimacy of his thread had elapsed, and still no questions were answered, the inevitable occurred:

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Beren, I forgot about that - but definitely one of the funniest threads ever. Espceially considering he was a newbie... ROFLMFAO

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, that one was great, especially this one;

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When people say ROTFLMFAO!
    I don't even know what it means, but I have decyphered the code!

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My ****ing Ass Off!

Right?

I just find that hilarious.

Other than that, there's DR's...
    Which was said when someone mentioned that the
    Mana Bow could kill those particular foes with one shot.

ROTFLMFAO! haha :D

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
  9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Even though it was a completely stupid post, based on an even-more completely stupid chat, I still got a chuckle out of it.

@ Rastor - I had to read a few of the posts (and note that BTA edited them all) to figure out that "peanut butter" wasn't the real topic; those crazy kids and their Pokemon cards! :spin: :roll:

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Seeing posts about slash/yaoi/whatever junk getting deleted in the Random Babbling thread.

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i remember that Yellow Feeling thread... i dont get it... I remember when the avatars first came, and i was furious because it would cause mega-spamming, so as a sign of protest, i got tal to reset my post count at least twice :) .

Heh, there was this thread I made (often imitated, never repeated), i'm sure the aftermath of repetition caused tal more of a headache than the original thread did.

so thats that then, i should really have more memories than that, since it was my 3 year SP anniversary two days ago (Y).

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I must agree that the battle of SP was really really funny and great to do.

Do we have some imagination or what?

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I must truly be an idiot. I know that topic wasn't about peanut butter, but I can no longer decipher what it actually WAS about.

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    septic i dont suppose you could post a summary of all the story on the link you provided because 28 pages is alot of reading, even if it is one word posts

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The memorable moment is on the first page, Dalveen. Just scroll down a little bit.

IIRC it's got something to do with a certain Sniper. :evil:

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The peanut butter thread was originally about napalm. :)

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006099#000013

I was reading this thread and when I got to the end of the opening post ("she is neutrally aligned and . . . "), I was in mid drink of soda. The coke literally flew out of my mouth when I started laughing. My secretary, bless her heart, couldn't figure out why I was laughing and I wasn't going to tell her.

The inevitable response from Beren was even more classic.

18. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I'll admit I painted somethin' of a bullseye on myself there. :rolleyes: ;)

Then again, anybody who's willing to say something like that about the particular subject should know to expect a knee-jerk reaction from me. :)

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I remember the first "Paladins of the Radient Hall" or the like. We had a good conversation going with Nobleman and a few others when Shura decided to enter and kill everyone. This proves both theories that "the pen is mightier than the sword" and "Captain America can beat the Hulk in his own comic book" ... the topic went downhill from there and soon died.

20. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dalveen..... check towards the end of the the thread, it may be there, on the last page, if not, do a search for "one word story" it sprung up countless other threads and somebody who had a lot of time on their hands summarised it.... dont try and make any sense of it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.