1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Makados's Premade Party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Lignify, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lignify Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This is my 2nd run for IWD2. I just found my IWD2 CDs a few days ago. I played this for a bit in 2004 for like a couple months or so. Haven't finished it yet, I think I was at that Ice Temple chapter IIRC.

I've read some power-gaming guides and such. It's too much for my brain to handle right now. So I took Makados's pre-made party from IWD2. Anyone has any tips how to survive with that party? I'm playing in normal difficulty, reaching Chapter 1 at the moment. Any multi-class advice? Thanks in advance.

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Keep the cleric, wizard and druid pure class. It's important to get high casting levels as fast as possible.

You could add 4 fighter levels to the barbarian so you can take weapon specialization to increase the damage output by 2. But I'd keep him pure to get damage reduction and greater rage later in the game.

The elf fighter can dual to fighter1/diviner x or fighter4/diviner x if you want more arcane spellcasting. You could also multiclass with barbarian and/or ranger if you keep the levels even to avoid the multiclassing penalty.

The dwarf rogue can multiclass with fighter to get better BAB, more hitpoints, bonus feats and weapon specialization.

For your casters raise only the casting stat at level up (eventually raise dex to 13 for your cleric so you can take certain very useful feats), characters who don't cast spells should raise strength, it's essential for doing physical damage. Eventually you can raise your rogue's dex to 13 instead for being able to take the rapid shot and dodge feats.

The most useful feat is rapid shot, it grants a free extra attack per round.
    It's also very useful if everyone (maybe except barbarians who move faster on their own) takes dash. Dodge and improved critical are also nice combat feats. I'd also take GSF transmutation and scion of storms for the druid and maybe also GSF evocation and spirit of flame.

Lignify likes this.
  3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have played this group previously. Kept all 6 PCs single classed. Like kmonster says, add ony to the casting attributes when increasing stats for spellcasters. Dex for the Rogue, Str for the Barb and I added Dex to the Elf Fighter. Weapon Finesse and a Shortsword is how I played him. He was fine. Greataxe for the Barbarian.

Lignify likes this.
  4. Lignify Gems: 1/31

Thanks a lot for the tips. Surprisingly that elf fighter is my best tank with 25 AC (Cat's Grace + Mage Armor + Barkskin + Bless + Ring of Protection). My other melee attackers die pretty quick, especially my rogue if he had to switch to melee.

5. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

25 AC your best? :-o

A butt naked DG monk has that to begin with. With the buffs you listed he'd be at 35 if not more. :p

Lignify likes this.
  6. Lignify Gems: 1/31

I just found out that by making your JUPP balanced party just to test it out. DG is such a badass. XD

7. Lignify Gems: 1/31

Quick question, I'm raising my Rogue as Sniper role, 3 feat on Bow. Should I raise the rogue level or just keep 3 level of Rogue? Thanks

8. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

3 rogue levels are sufficient. Additional rogue levels will only add more skillpoints and sneak attack melee damage while fighter levels add more hitpoints, feats and always BAB.

Eventually you can add a 4th rogue level if you want more skillpoints since you only loose 4 hitpoints and half a feat while getting from rogue 4 to 5 will also cost BAB.

Be aware that you need the rapid shot feat and therefore 13 dex for an effective sniper.

Lignify likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.