1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

magical items

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Alexis True Flight, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Alexis True Flight Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] in IWD there seems to be v. few items at the begginig wheras in bgII at the first city damned if i can remember it's name there are two suits of plate mail+1 is this put on pupose by the game designers so that you get bored in 20 minutes so that way you'll play bgII more because if it is it didn't work for me.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually, it gets better as you go...Think about though, you start as first level characters, they're not going to give out +4 Vorpal Swords in the beginning...That would be cheesy.

The cool thing is, I think the game has some kind of randomizer for the weapons...Because the first time I played, I got a really nice TH Sword from that dude in the crypts...The second time, it was a bastard sword. Hang in there...It gets waaayyy better!

~Bel

3. Alexis True Flight Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] yhea i was playing a while ago and came across the two haded sword... it's called Creslaks Sword... but i've not heard about this bastard sword

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The first time up I get the 2H +1 (with powers) and a scimitar +1. Not bad at all then next time through I only found the 2H sword. This randomization is true for a lot of treasure in IWD except for the plot critical stuff.

5. Alexis True Flight Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] i've gone past the dragons eye and at the end Arundle turns out to be an imposter but i was wondering if the staff of natures wrath is also a randomized weapon because if so i'm going back to get the other one (weapon that is)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.