1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Magic Items for lv 1-8 party

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Jaganis, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Jaganis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Im creating a campaign for my players (6 characters) they are gonna be around lv 6 or so, and i would like to see them with a lot of magic knick-knacks, in the party i have: a Elven Pal of Bahamut (LG), a Rouge Mercenary (NE), a Druid of Blood (NE), a Fiend Slayer (CN), and two undecitted, any good idea for Magic/Cursed/Mundane Items?
    Thanks Jaganis

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Give them cool, but not necessaruilly useful magical items. Like a Circlet of Punk Hair or the Torc of Spam. Make sure they have to go through hell to get these though :D

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Well... I think you should give the Paladin, like +5 stuff, and artifacts, and all of the others shouldn't get anything but cursed items... :p :D

4. Jaganis Gems: 2/31

I would like to make you all know that Fire Storm is one of my players, guess which one :rolleyes: .

[ December 14, 2003, 23:09: Message edited by: Jaganis ]

5. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

A Robe of Useful items is always funny and sometimes useful. :D
    I had two riding dogs, a mule, a window, a 10-foot pole, a ladder, another ladder and a wooden door in my pockets :eek: :D

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Can't think of any serious items that'd fit low lvls, and not be overpowered, so here is some silly ones :grin: (Can't think of good descriptions/stories either, so it's mostly their stats)

Bottle of Drinking and Smashing +2:

3 times per day you can drink from this bottle, healing 11 HP, and giving some random effects for 10 rounds.
    (Roll a d10, here's the effects of each roll:
    1. Character goes berserk, attacking whatever he sees.
    2. Character becomes intoxicated, doing... uhh... something :D
    3. Character loses 2 con
    4. Character loses 2 str
    5. Character loses 2 dex
    6. The 11 HPs are not healed.
    7. Character gets 2 cha
    8. Character gets 2 str
    9. Character gets 2 con
    10. Character becomes hasted.)
    It can also be used as a +2 weapon, that shatters (and thus can't be used for a day) and drives shards of glass into the target, doing 2d4 damage on hit, plus d4 per round for 3 rounds.

Gloves of Broken:

While these gloves seem normal at first, when equipped, they draw upon the user's life-force, activating their magic.
    When the palm or fingertips of them touches any item of non-organic material, of less weight than the user, and if it's a magic item, of less level requirement than the user's level, the item breaks. (Can't really explain what that really does, but it generally cannot be used in any kind of way.)

Maybe more to come.

[EDIT] Made random effects on the Bottle a bit more specific, spelling, grammar.

[ December 06, 2003, 00:01: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I was always partial to minor stuff like a pipe that lights itself.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A minor item that allows the Paladin to cast Protection from Evil, Aid, Bull's Strength, and Endurance all once per day. Then make sure that the knows that he's violating his code by associating with Evil party members.

9. Klorox

Whoa, I didn't even realize that!

He'd better have a VERY good reason for travelling with them, and he'd better not be with them for any longer than that reason deems.

10. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A Bag of Devouring. Because I'm evil. :D

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    A choice: Either the paladin join the force of evil or he die devoured by his friend who'll eat him alive! :evil:

12. Firestorm

Well, the druid has been changed from NE, to NG now (very funny char actually, Forest Goblin), and the Assasin (NE Rogue), is a master of subterfuge, and the party doesn't know anything about his reak personality, so I'd say it doesn't violate my code, at all.

Another character we have with us, is like a burglar-type thief, who's CN, doing it for personal pleasure and the fun of it, rather than to gain anything of monetary value. Of course it's wrong, but my char will, try to convince him, that what he is doing is wrong...

[Edit] fixed a small typo [/Edit]

13. Klorox

Paladins can Detect Evil at will.

I had a similar problem playing D&D when I was in High School. I always wanted to play a heroic paladin, and there was always at least one player who wanted to play somebody either really chaotic, or reay evil (or both).

The games either ended up being complete sh!t (because the characters are not compatable), or they ended up with in-party combat (where to Paladin would win). While my Paladins wouldn't mind smiting an evil mage or thief, the player of those characters were'nt happy, and the point of this game is to have fun.

D&D game, IMHO, work best when the DM implements alignment restrictions from the start.

14. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How 'bout giving the rogue a cloak of undetectable alignment? ;)

Two birds, one stone!

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, the master of subterfuge just has to keep the Paladin unwilling, then. :p

16. Firestorm

I'd say, that if the char trusts the rogue, he wouldn't use this ability, because there would be no reason to do so. You'd have to be a very paranoid and suspicious person to detect every body you meet. And besides, he believes that the will of his god, is what dictates who he should travel with and where he should be.

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Detect Evil lasts for at least a minute , and there's no reason for the Paladin to dismiss it. So if the Paladin cast it, and then looked around a dungeon, he'd probaby see his evil friend, and identify him as evil, unless the person has Undetectable Alignment or Misdirection on him.=self.

18. Klorox

I'd say you're just trying to make it work, and the only one you're fooling is yourself.

It's you and your friends' game. Play it however you wish.

Since we're on a message board, and we're all free to give our opinions, I'll say that I think it sucks, and I'd never allow it in a game of my own.

19. Jaganis Gems: 2/31

Hi, its me again, i would like to say thanks to all who have come with ideas to items, and i would like people who doesn't have any ideas for items, to just stay of the board, i meen that in a non offensive way, but lets keep it all to the topic. Thanks again

20. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe it would be easier to give suggestions if you told us more about the characters; backstory, personality, and whatnot.

Maybe some sort of figurine for the druid that summons a magical animal? Like that panther in the R.A Salvatore Drizzt books, the one with the name I won't try to embarass myself by misspelling horribly. You could devise some system by which it levels up when the druid does so it's not overpowered early/underpowered late. And a cloak of protection with the ability to conceal alignment (and maybe conceal from divination entirely?) would be a good idea for your assassin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.