1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mage Suggestions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Black Death, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Black Death Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok i have a lv 11 mage(conjurer) and i wanted to know (if i should) which class should i duel to and at which level?? plz give me your suggestions.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I dont think you should dual, a mage dueling to something else is often unwise. It works better if you do it the other way around, dueling something else to mage that is

3. Black Death Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok thanks for your help

4. Herr'Don Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yes, i agree. Anyway, you'll become pretty damn powerful by endgame as a mage. Have you tried the spell Find Familiar? If not do it and you'll get a neat little pet that gives you a hitpoint bonus. Make sure to keep him safe though by placing him in your backpack or else you'll loose a point of constitution.

And most other mage spells are great too, and since you can memerise an extra spell of each level, you should be near invincible by endgame.

As Lokken said, if you did want to duel, try dueling a fighter, etc to a mage, then it won't be so bad, as you'll have to wait 'til you reach your mages 11 level before you can use your spells again.

Herr'Don

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well when you want you're mage to be also a good fighter dual him to a fighter/mage, so you can cast spells but also doi lot's of damage with your long sword. When you don't have good stats required for fighters (like strength) that's no problem for there are enough items that raises for example the strength.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I wouldn´t dual a mage at all. It is different if you dual a fighter to a mage, that results in a strong and very powerful combuination. But when you have a level 11 mage already, you´ll be amazed how strong he will be in the end (in terms of spellcasting).

However, if you want yourmage to be a good fighter try the spell "tenser´s transpormation" and wear a strength girdle, this should result in a very good melee punch ...

So if you *really want* a dc char, you should think about starting new game (you´re still pretty early in the game), but I won´t suggest that. I would play on with the mage.

7. I'm playing with a pretty powerful mage, LvL 21, (exp. cap. remover) with Robe of Vecna and Staff of The Magi plus temporarily RoW, he's pretty powerful... I love Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. = )

8. antoine Guest

The Robe of Vecna?? What does it do and where can you get it (Is it good enough to replace the Robe of Good Archmagi?)

9. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

yes it is. you can get it if you have the bonus merchants, the one in the adventures mart sells it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.