1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mage = Less Spells

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by Munchkin Blender, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It is my understanding that in DA2 mages will have less of a spell list to pick from; however, if you invest more into a spell it beocme more powerful. Does this mean MAGIC attribute will not increase spell damage? Or does it mean the AoE, duration, time to cast, refresh, etc.. would increase or decrease?

Does anyone know specializations will be available?

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Its the magic attribute + whatever you have invested in that particular spell, and item bonuses.

DA2 will have specializations at well. But there will only be the same 3 basic classes, as DA had, to begin with.

Mages also gets "finishing moves" in DA2. Aparantly they are somewhat cool. You can see one of them in the trailer.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Yeah I heard that mages get finishing moves as well. I heard that the console game if you press a button twice the character does a special move vs. re-establishing which target to attack.

4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Its slowly turning in to a Diablo game, instead of "the spiritual successor of Baldur`s Gate".

5. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    They're Mass Effect-ing it. Which is a pity, because having the two distinct, yet concurrent games gave them a good, wide customer appeal. As it is, I may well not get DA2, though I'm waiting to see more. The actual in-game pictures and video that have come out have a distinctly not-finished-yet look to them, so I suppose things may yet turn around.

6. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I liked Mass Effect 2 well enough though. The companions were more fleshed out, and the missions were abit more fun. I am pretty sure I will be buying DA2 as soon as it comes out anyway.

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

My understanding they are not doing much to change the PC game; most of the changes will impact console users. This way if I press X twice I end up with a special move vs. retargeting the same monster. This makes the game better for console users.

They wanted to provide the main character with a voice, which I think is a good thing and the morale choices are still there just this time we will see if it is an good, nuetral or evil type of response (which I don't like).

I always believe that the first game is the best as that is when a developer puts their best effort to make the game unique even though it may not be superior in graphics compared to the 2nd or 3rd game released.

I'm starting to believe that this will be the case with DAII. It will be a great game by itself but will fail on some areas that made DAO a legend within CRGP games. One thing is the origin story and the other is yet to be determined.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.