1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Luck of Heroes?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by bazr, Dec 10, 2008.

1. bazr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,

Sorry about this but I cannot reach the background page containing "luck of heroes" on initial char build, I only seem to reach the background traits containing "bully".etc!

could some easy going soul explain how to configure it in setup of char or explain what I am not doing right?

thanks,

Barry

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it is a feat and not a part of the character build. I also think it is a feat that can only be taken at level 1. Although, I may be wrong.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Correct, it is a feat that you can only take at level 1.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

If you have SoZ and select Yuan-ti as the race Luck of Hero's / Hero's Luck will not be available because Yuan-ti start off with Snake Blood as their background feat. The only way a Yuan-ti can acquire Hereo's Luck is as a Swashbuckler or a Cleric with the Luck domain.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Also, Welcome to Sorcerer's Place and the Boards of Magic

6. bazr Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the replies,

yes i understand it is a feat and only available at level 1 and at initial char build.

My probem is I cannot find it to include it in my char builds that I like to try out in nwn2 and mob.

all the best

Barry

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Did you pick Cleric with the Luck domain? That could be the reason as if you pick that you get it automatically.

8. bazr Gems: 1/31

now we are getting somewhere!!

Sorry for the delay as our time zones are different.

However, according to some of the builds published on the net, one can apparently get LOH with others such as Bard etc.

I will try it with cleric and see where that takes me and if it just comes up automatically, if that is the case then it would appear one does not have a choice in these type of trait/feat.

once again thanks

---------- Added 1 hours, 57 minutes and 18 seconds later... ----------

Ok for anyone interested, it is indeed easy to get LOH as a background when electing a Cleric as already stated, but I still cannot achieve the same trait with other types,
    Below is an eg. Of some of the builds I tried to configure, this also brings up the assumption that one can configure different feats on lv1 to suit, I have not found out how to do this either.

4Ftr/4Pal/5NWNine/7DivChmp (submitted by Elurian)
    Race: Wood Elf

1 - Fighter - Luck of Heroes, Dodge
    2 - Fighter - WF: Kukri

(also submitted by Elurian)
    NE/CE Wood-elf

1 Brd - Luck of Heroes
    2 Ftr - Power Attack

I also know there is a way to imput data via the console but when I type "~" during the game nothing happens.

This sort of stuff seems to happen to us older fellas!!

I can also state that the builds still work ok anyway, it is just annoying me not knowing how to select.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

At first level when you are selecting the first feat you need to scroll to the bottom of the feat list and select hero's luck. If you select another feat at first level you cannot select hero's luck; this is different than the background trait like Devote, Bully, etc.. To select your first level feat you need to select the customized button instead of the preselected character types. I hope this helps.

10. bazr Gems: 1/31

Great, that about does it I rekon, many thanks for taking the time to help.

Whilst still here can I enquire how one accesses the console to input data?

all the best to the forum.

Barry

11. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

I think the console access key is by default the tilde key. However, depending on your keyboard layout, it might be something else or unassigned. You can change it by editing the nwn2player.ini file (search for the line "Console="), which should be under your documents\NWN2...

12. bazr Gems: 1/31

I did try and edit the file but could not find the "console" line??

Maybe having a laptop is different as the tilde certainly does not work.

no biggie anyway!

Barry

13. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

There are two files, one in the game installation directory and the other in the documents\NWN2 (or my documents in XP I think) directory. The one in the installation directory does not have keyboard definitions.

However, you should be able to use the chat interface to send console commands, by using the preface ##. For example ##DebugMode 1. This worked in NWN, it should also work in NWN2, but I am not sure.

14. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

For American keyboards it's the tilde key who bring the Debug Console up.

But for British keyboards and others it's the (`) key that brings the console up.

But Erod is right. The chat interface works also as he describes it.

15. bazr Gems: 1/31

Thanks to you fellas for the help, my understanding has taken a jump forward!!!

Is there any way to get a list of what the console commands actually do?

Also, as I do not look upon it as a cheat, I played nwn2 with the rod module that allows one to place all the buffs into one click, very convenient.

However it does not appear to work when trying it with MOB.....what happens for me is the char is ported ok but does not include the wands.

Any comments?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.