1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Luanda

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Huacati, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Huacati Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In progress at the moment I am putting up the archive for a fantasy world I have created. The website at the moment is a bit bad, but I will be doing a proper update on it once I garther enough interest.

There is a story that will be released soon over six parts, and the idea of the project is to allow the public to contribute to the world and help it grow.

It can't do this without your help. Head on over to http://luanda.s5.com and post in the forums or go to Contact for my email.

Luanda is set in a fantasy/medievil world, where swords and guns clash whilst humans are a bigger threat to themselves than the dangers around them.

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Forgive my ignorance but is this a game, an add-on for a game such as NWN, an online colaboration to write a book or something else entirely?

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I think this is more something like Nationstates, am i right ?

I've been participating in Nationstates for quite a while. Basically it comes down to fulfilling your citizens demands, accept or reject senate proposals, or some such, and continuously try to improve the overall wellbeing of your virtual country. Eventually you can also build a powerful military and conquer other virtual nations.

All in all it was good fun, but after a major crash of my PC last year, when i lost internet access for somewhat 3 months, my account got deleted. They automatically assume that when a participant hasn't been active for a certain period of time, that he/she lost interrest, and your nation will be deleted from their database.

My country was kinda awkward, i had a forest full of roaming spermwhales. Try to make a mental image of that. :D

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Huacati has created a world, and he'd like people to help him expand it. He wants it to be used by other folk for stories, RP's and the like.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Like Nationstates, you say? *goes to look*

Nationstates was funky when it was young - but going to the forums now... *shudder*

Edit: Ah, duh, nothing like NS :) Co-operative world building then. In that case I might go and add my no doubt soon-to-be unwanted opinion on it :)

6. Huacati Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Kilted Crusader is spot on the money.

"In that case I might go and add my no doubt soon-to-be unwanted opinion on it "

Please, not negative comments. They never help anyone.

There is a story I am currently writing for it, with more to come later hopefully. There is information about the world going up.

But it is also co-operative, with people bringing more of a culture and more lands to what is already there.

What we have already is a framework (when the first part of the story is finished, it'll detail more about the world). The framwork is just a stepping stone to be built upon, and we'll see where it leads.

Who knows? It could lead to an Role-Playing Game, Computer Game, Short Stories, anything we can hope to achieve basically. But for these things we need a rich world as a backdrop, and this will allow the public to contribute to a (hopefully soon) large world project.

Please note that Team Members will have more information to work on than what is shown in the forum or on the website.

7. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just would like to say that Luanda is the capital of Angola, an african country. And like many cities in Africa it isn't exactly a fantasy place...the recent civil war (2-3 years ago) doesn't help too...

But aside the trivia info...looks like a good idea.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.