1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lover's Ring?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Is there any use for this thing? I've been walking around with it in my pouch...But I haven't found a use for it. Is there one?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

No I don't know. Haven't come across it yet.

On another note and not to take away from the original post and question, I'm finishing up the rest of the city districts so I can get them all done before Christmas.

In my notes for the Government District, I wrote down an XP reward for "Neb's Head". Now I have lots of notes for all the areas I've been too and I can't for the life of me find where I got this damn head. Anyone know?

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited December 15, 2000).]

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Belisarius - Isn't the lover's ring one of the items to get Lilarcor in the sewers under the Copper Coronet?

Syl - Neb's head you get from Neb! :)

But really, Neb is in the Derelict House in the Bridge District...

4. Orkus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] But Neb's only home after you've spoken to Jerlia the ore merchant and then Unger Darkhill in the Copper Coronet about obtaining some illithium.

5. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think Blackthorne's right. The lover's ring - taken from a statue - is one of the four keys needed to get the talking sword in the sewer. I think that sewer is under the slums (check the walkthrough); you also need the staff from the goblin shaman, the hand you found in the sewer grate, and the blood from (*spoiler*) a certain carrion crawler - all of which are in the same sewer area.

[This message has been edited by Neverworlder (edited December 15, 2000), goddammit.]

[This message has been edited by Neverworlder (edited December 15, 2000).]

6. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Minor point, but I think the ring is on a skeleton, not a statue. :)

Uhh...How did you get the ring without getting involved with the other items? Or are we talking about a different ring?
    ;) :D

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I picked up the ring without getting involved... I was on my way to mop up the slavers on their ship and noticed the ring on the skeletons... I came back later and found out what it was for...

8. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

~~**SPOILER**~~

Take the ring, the hand from the grate, find the kobolds and kill them all, get the kobold wizards staff, kill the carrion crawler that is the mans friend, take the blood, go to the room with the 4 pipes, put the 4 items in in the correct order and you get the 3rd best Two Handed Sword in the game.

(2nd is silver sword, 1st is carsomyr IMHO)

9. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Or you can get the other kobolds to kill their shaman if you offer him 2000 gp for the staff. Don't worry, the 2000 will be on his corpse.

10. Archangel Guest

[​IMG] I disagree, Lilarcor isnt the thirdbest 2Hsword Warblade +4 and Soul Reaver +4 are

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.