1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost Spells?!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Swen, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Swen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This one stumps the heck outa me. Somewhere in the Prolouge, between cleaning out the gobs in the warehouse and talking with Ulrec (sp?) I lost my level 2 wizard spells! Mind you I'm in HoF mode, after cleansing the gobs most my chars were level 7 - 8. Able ta cast L4 and I'm ready for the big battle at the palisades ... and 0 level 2 spells. Leveling fast with abilities on (like expertiese, rapid shot may have thrown off the spell system I don't know. I do know that I'm pissed and don't feel like going through ALL those gobs in the warehouse, a buttload of em in HoF and all the nicley done quests. Can anyone relate or have any suggestions?

Resting does nothing, no spells show in the bottom (known/available) area ... just a nice list of selectable spells on the right side but no where to put em! Bhah ... crap

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hmm, haven't heard of this one before. Do you have the patch installed?

3. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Just guessing...
    Did you get any levels drained? Or some other ability? Try Restoration or Greater Restoration from the priests in the tent...

4. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Quint,
    I can't remember seeing any mage in the prologue at least not in normal mode... How can he be level drained?

5. Quint Gems: 8/31

Haven't played HoF either, but don't those goblins have priests?

6. Swen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Patch is ... well, patched. 2.01 I believe. As far as the restoration goes, hell it is worth a try. Maybe Phean casts some nasty HoF spell on me other than *cringe* sleep or color spray. *shrug* I really don't think so though since it only effects my L2 spells

*UPDATE*

Okay, a little testing and I've at least I.D.'ed the problem. After sleeping, turning off "usable" feats, moving outa my palies courage radius, and removing all known spells ... after all that, just after waking up my cast icon turns gold. Meaning I have available spells. It should be grayed out since I've removed all known spells.

Low and behold. 5 web spells are ready to cast. So I'm like great, that makes sense as to why none are "available to memorize" it still does not explain why they are not shown on L2 page o' magic after hitting "S" key. Who cares right, cast em and sleep so you can mem new ones right? NOT ... same damn web spells are stuck in a loop and re-mem after each rest period. I even tried setcurrentxp (999999999999999) to level, but that trick didn't work. Instead of 5 web spells it now has like 8 memorized. This problem vaugly reminds me of one I heard earlier. Like druids gaining an animal form, somehow it won't register the animal form until you mess around with the code and "tell" it 1 of 1 form ... then the AI knows.

Somehow the code thinks I "perma-memorized" these ... more like an ability than a spell! Odd. Also, I'm a pure WIZ all spells are known "after creating the scrolls and learning them" so out of a full 20 or what-ever L2 spells ... web is more than I should be able to mem. ANy code guru's out there who want to give this a whirl?

[ November 20, 2002, 00:40: Message edited by: Swen ]

7. Quint Gems: 8/31

Never heard of this problem before.
    How did you "remove all known spells" ? (or do you mean you removed all "memorized" spells?)

Have you been using DaleKeeper2? If so then perhaps your game is corrupt. If not, perhaps the game itself corrupted your saved game. Get back to an older save game and check.

If you haven't been using DaleKeeper2, try to use it to correct this problem (make sure you understand what you're doing). Or send you saved game to Extremist :) He'll fix it for you!

[ November 20, 2002, 19:48: Message edited by: Quint ]

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't fix that. It's the exe problem that should be fixed in the next patch.
    This happens if you have more than 24 spells scribed in a level.

Please remove ALL memorized spells from your spellbook then rest. You'll get the spells you lack of appeared. Now go back to the spellbook and unmemorize everything else. Rest with the book cleared, and then try to get everything back as it should be.
    I don't guarantee this will work however!
    If it doesn't, the only thing I can suggest is creating a new wizard and cheating him/her up to the level the previous one was with recreating a spellbook but without more than 24 spells scribed in any level.

[ November 21, 2002, 22:07: Message edited by: Extremist ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.