1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost and Found.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What have you lost and found lately?

Apparently if you are having trouble finding something that you have lost then you should ask Saint Anthony of Padua to help you find it. At least that is what my niece told me. I found some lost healthcare cards recently as well as a duster that disappeared (with the help of my toddler)I've asked him to help me find something really important that we lost almost a year ago and I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks it will appear. Of course I'm always hoping that it will show up.

Anyway - just wondering what you have lost and found recently - or just lost - or something interesting that you have found.

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Lost: Any inclination to do my job at the moment (says he, still in the office at 7:30 at night)

I'm always misplacing items, and as such I have learnt how to look for them. On the other hand, the lass has a place for everything and everything in its place. If it isn't there she usually hasn't a hope in hell of finding it.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Love. Lost and found and lost again. But all that made me lose my self first and then find it again.

I found a ring from a train. I didn't keep it. Cast it to Mount Doom, that's what I did. Well no, I gave it to a conductor. Train-conductor, that is.

I found the missing sounds to a film. Well, not exactly, but if it weren't for me, people would have just watched the movie without sounds for a lot longer. I went and asked for the sounds and lo and behold, they appeared. It was Kiki's Delivery Service.

I found pieces of wisdom and three lost words, but then I lost it all again, maybe to be found later.

And for an afterword I'd like to quote someone very special: "I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it."

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Me too.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lost a 700ml bottle of Jack Daniels. I cried serious man tears.

Found my Sharpe Boxset. Nearly made up the lost JD. Nearly.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lost: 3 lbs. today
    Found: 5 lbs. tomorrow

I find a lot of single keys in parking lots at malls. I pick them up and keep them.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Found; A backup DVD from two years ago
    Lost: Love and my sanity

A pretty balanced exchange eh?

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Lost: Peace and quiet, reality and a sence of self

Found: The ability to create my own world...

...It's called Imagination people! Use it sometime :D

9. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well I had my wallet stolen today, so I lost everything inside. :( And while I *do* care about the stuff I had in it, the thing I'm most upset about losing is a card that my mum gave me.
    It's irreplaceable!!! TTTTTT___TTTTTT

So another thing I've lost is trust in the average person.

Oh and I made a new friend today. Does that count as a find?

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Lost: My original Macromedia Flash MX installation CDs!! Right after I'd formatted my PC too!! :(

Found: Inclination to play Need for Speed Most Wanted yet another time...eh, its a fun way to spend the weekend!

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Found: Similarity to Faraaz...

Lost: One 'Critical Patches/Updates and Stuff' CD I'd burned off aeons ago before having to replace my dead hard drive.

But I'm tellin' you - it was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO MY KEYBOARD JUST MINUTES AGO!!!

I don't think I picked it up when I went to the bathroom or to the kitchen to help with 'brunch', but I checked those places anyway. I checked the bedroom and my chest of drawers (maybe I had it in my hand when I went in to get changed outta my jammies, and 'traded' it for a pair of socks or something!). I've looked EVERYWHERE, and it's just not to be found. :mommy:

Subsequently Lost: One Temper and very nearly one grasp on Sanity. Also one cap to a big tube of hand moisturizer.

Found: a new way to force oneself to clean the floor, walls, furnishings, throw out old papers, etc. Also the 'spray pattern' when one flails an open tube of hand moisturizer. :o

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lost: another chair (#4 in the past 12 months)

Found: my butt on the floor because it went through the seat of a chair

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

FOUND: Similarity of appearance to a horse's hind end; also one "Critical Patches/Updates" disk...sitting under my keyboard. :o

One streak of moisturizer landed on my kybd, so after I'd stopped raving, and started feeling like an idiot (a forgetful idiot, no less) and my darling wife cheered me up while trying to help clean and search for the disk, I grabbed some q-tips to get the gunk out from between the keys. She blurted out "It's not under the-" as I picked up the peripheral, and there it was, in it's little slimline case. :doh:

Well....I *said* it was close to my keyboard! :hahaerr:

We've gotten almost all the mess cleaned up, and a lot fewer piles of unused crap around here, and I let off some steam, so I guess it was all for the best... :shame:

...but I'd still like to know how I managed to miss my wife who was standing right in front of me when I started flailing that tube around in a blind rage; I mean I got lotion on the walls behind me, across the room to my keyboard, heck even the CEILING, but she remained untouched. :skeptic:

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Then it's a good thing you missed her no?

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Found a $20 note under the drivers seat in my car about 2 weeks ago. I dont ever remember losing it though.

Its always good when you find money like that. I know that the pockets in clothes that you havent worn for a while can also hide a few things.

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Found: A new playground for backpacking and mt. biking.

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Lost the graffiti 2 help on my brand new Tungsten E2. They say I can get it back if I trash all my extra software. I think it will stay lost.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Lost:

-the new white old navy jacket that my gf just gave me :doh: where is that damn thing, I've only used it once! :cry: :bang:

-my flashcard :bang:

-my suit! my dad is gonna kill me if I don't find that damn thing :bang:

Found:

nothing. this bites.

19. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i resently lost my a t-shirt i was wearing under a hooded shirt at a party, which i think is a bit weird.

but considering i was pretty drunk, not that unlekiely though

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.