1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Load game crash

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Zariakus, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Zariakus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Recently bought IWD2 after a friend persuaded me too, and everything went quite fine for the first time, but when I try to load my savegame IWD goes down and a box that says ":An assertion failed in InfGame.cpp at line number 8526
    Programmer says:Couldn't uncompress savegame into temp directory"
    Now I did check Tal's little faq rip-off =) but here's what it says bout my problem:
    Programmer says: Couldn't uncompress save game into Temp directory

Occurs only on loading the saved game - that got corrupted. The corrupted is only SAV file. Please contact official support about this at:
    support@interplay.com

I've even mailed to support@interplay.com but i suspect i wont get whatever answer i want ^^
    Who to mail? Any1 with the same problem?

2. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i think an anomaly occured while saving. did you have a lot of programs running at the same time? that could explain it. try an older save. an autosave maybe. other than that, do you have any mods installed? those can cause a LOT of trouble

3. Zariakus Gems: 1/31

Well it was a quick save though, but i found an autosave that worked :D Now im just praying to Selune it doesnt happen again. I dont have any mods btw and almost never do any "multitasking"

4. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

well, chances are you saved in the middle of a scripted event, that could have caused it...

5. Zariakus Gems: 1/31

Here it goes again.. Same box pops up as be4. Mark that only the quick-save and quick save backup files dont bloody work. If i load a autosave for example it works perfectly, and if i then make a new quick save and restart the game the quickie wont load :D GAAAAAAAAAH!
    Help? I really dont wanna do entire chapter 2 and ch 3 as far as through fell wood again...

6. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Save your game as a named save, then delete everything else, so you have fresh slot for autosave,etc. Are you running XPII and at least directX 8? There are some known problems between the game and the operating system.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The FAQs were written when Interplay still had support. Mailing them now is totally pointless, since the entire "company" consists of 2 or 3 people, who definitely don't answer any support questions. For all intents and purposes, Interplay is dead.

8. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This has happened to me in BG1 with every save i tried to load but it turned out to be a problem with the actual computer.

9. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

is your temp directory write protected? Do you have another window open that is using the temp directory for it's save?

If neither of these are the case, open it in dalekeeper then save it again and see if that fixed it (remember to try to open the (edited) version when you save it :p )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.