1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Limited Edition Vs Regular Edition

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Tanikova, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Tanikova Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I checked out the thread done in early November but can not tell if there is any difference or extra modules in the Limited or collectors edition of NWN2 other then rings or such... my hubby wants this for xmas but doesn't want to pay $130 for the limited edition if the $40 version has the same software options?? I tried a side by side comparison and I must be dim but I couldn't tell with the descriptions they put down there

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would say it's not worth the extra money unless you're a collector or some such.

From what I recall, I think there were some extra merchants in the game; certainly not worth an extra $90 unless you like to collect items of limited supply.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you're in the US, the limited edition available there isn't worth the extra money... especially now, when it'd probably cost three times as much if you managed to still find it anywhere.

4. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The limited editions give your character a free feat but there's a cheat-code that allows anyone to give their character the feat. Is $90 worth a cheap-o ring?

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As a word of caution, the ring can't stay even on my thumb, so the right method of wearing it is probably on a necklace. :D And no, there's nothing in the Limited edition to warrant spending several times more money. I think your game experience will benefit more if you go for the basic version and spend the difference on hardware. For $90 you can probably get more RAM or something. ;) NWN2 is very, very resource-eating.

6. Latro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The one good thing with the Limited Edition (at least in Europe) is the free Platinum Edition of NWN.
    It's the only thing I still use from the package ;)

The rest is cheap crap (hardware) or a kind of cheat (free 'Luck of Heroes' feat).

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In the US, the limited edition of the game doesn't come with the original NWN + expansions, hence my saying that getting the US limited edition is not worth it. Getting that along with NWN2 was the only reason why I bought the European collector's edition.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Damn you must have twigs for fingers, Chev. I struggle to fit the ring on my little finger. Cursed New Zealand butcher's hands. In New Zealand the difference was only $5 so I got it anyway. Rings aren't half bad if you're a geek and proud of it. Cloth map is just something to put on my 'Wall of Game'.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Huh I didn't get a cloth map, even thought was advertised, I just got a cheap paper map, and a plastic statue. But I only payed £35 so no big deal.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Abomination: here

And I didn't get a cloth one. It was paper. It was nice, sure, but they had said it would be cloth and that's not nice.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So i'm not the only one?

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I got the limited edition (wearing the good ring right now) in Australia for only an extra $10 (and I got everything that was advertised)

Also got a few of the extra items from that Blessed of Waukeen thing

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.