1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Level Drained

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by vinyip, May 19, 2001.

1. vinyip Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] How can i get rid of level drained??
    is it the only way to recover at church??
    thank you for answering!!

2. Luan Guest

A lesser restoration scroll/spell will do the trick. It's a fourth level priest spell.

3. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Pic up viconia. She should have the spell from the very beginning. If you don't wanna be evil, just pick her up only when you need the restoration then dump her.

4. antoine Guest

any other cleric (like anomen) can do restoration too and then you don't have to pick Viconia up every time you get level drained

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just another small point, anyone can cast the restoration spell from a scroll. They don't need to be a druid or a cleric. This has been very useful for my party of non-magic users.

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Aerie can also do the trick, so you don't have to buy al those scrolls every time, aeh Slappy?

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Yep, just one of the drawbacks of a non-magic using party - expensive health care. Of course what I miss the most, apart from that money spent on scrolls, is having Viconia, Jaheira and Aeria 'laying on hands' to cure me after a tough scrap.

/me thinks back fondley to his 'all women' party.

8. shadow_thief Guest

level drain...cheat and get all ur characters amulets of powers.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What about Fighters and mages? they can't wear that amulet. Any suggestions Shadow theif? :D

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Mages in fact *can* wear the amulet of power ... IMHO, considering protection from level drain only, it would be some kinda wasted there, for it is by far more useful on a fighting char in direct contact with vamps. So I gave it to Jaheira and made her good vampire slayer.

To prevent level drain, you, as a fighter, have the folowing options:

(a) there´s a pretty useful lvl-4 cleric spell named "protection from level drain" ;)

(b) there´s the mace of disruption that provides a built-in protection from level drain. Nice for Minsc for he has vampires as his racial enemies and get´s attack boni.

(c) if you´re a coward, prefer an undead slayer to all other classes and better paladin kits :D ;)

(d) there are ranged weapons .... you don´t need to melee vampires (level drain is a melee attack) ....

btw - shadowthief - you seem to have a sk-fixation and I´m surprised you forgot to suggest equipping all your party with killswords too

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited May 20, 2001).]

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Sorry Typing mistake! I went on
    automatic-pilot.And it was quite late heree in europe :o I meant Fighters and thieves. At this very moment my 6-mage team has joined the ST and one of them is walking around with the Amulet.

EDITED HERE:

Mages can indeed be great fighting machines!! After you guys gave me a lesson in how to kill Kangaxx with a mage, I find them extremly efficient.
    My (currently 10th level max 5th spelllevel) mage cast: Stoneskin, phantom blade, spirit armor and then takes on the vamps (only just killed a few in the Athkatla, so I might be mistaken).I can also cast the sunrayspell. I wonder what a highlevel mage is capable of when giving him some nice magical item too.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 20, 2001).]

12. vinyip Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks for the above answer!!
    btw i would like to know is the turn undead ability helps to fight vampire or not??

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

To Nobleman

I have a high level mage and he is capable of quite a lot ;)
    He can wreck havoc amongst any type of foe I can think of, so, just level up and feel the power when it comes, hehe :D

And there are very powerfull/usefull items for a mage. Staff, rings, robe, cloak. Just about everything.
    My mage have an AC at -5 and still carry 2 ring of wiz (another name for one of 'em I think)

I once knew a Red mage of Thay
    Who dreamed of lichdom someday
    He said he knew how to do it
    But he still managed to screw it
    up in the funniest way

-Haer'Dalis :D

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited May 20, 2001).]

14. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Viconia managed to turn a few vampires onto our side late on in the game. Was too busy fighting to notice which types of vampire they were though.

15. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It's negative plane protection, not protection from level drain.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.