1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Let's get rich!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lord Moeken, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] This group seems to be very diversified both culturally and demographically. Just wondering if anyone has any good investment advice for your particular region? Here is Lord Moeken's rules of investment:

1. Buy high - sell low (I'm good at that)
    2. Accumulate as much Nortel stock as you can - then see rule 1.
    3. Tech. stocks will never crash.
    4. Safe investments like GIC's and Bonds are for wimps.

Seriously though, I was just wondering if anyone from this enlightened group has put any thought into this? I myself believe that North America might start to rebound a bit from this mini-recession. Some good, long term Canadian Stocks - Bombardier, JDS Uniphase (bargain right now), Celestica (bargain as well), any bank stock, Nortel (if you're gutsy), Musk-Ox Minerals (risky paladium company with some potential).

(Hey Tal and BTA, shut me down now if this topic seems really boring and out of place :))

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Hmmm... Methinks somebody has a bit too much free time today, yes?

*of course I only say that because big words like demographically make my head hurt* :D

3. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Busy, Busy - Deadlines to meet, plans to review and stamp, meetings to chair, forums to peruse - you know how it goes.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

What about oil from iraq?

Buy high - sell higher or be stoned?

High risk - high rewards

5. herf Guest

my dad currently has over 1million in the shares of the company he currently works for.

weirs engineering company

widely based the whole way round the world but mainly in the uk area. theyre currently at £2.??, theyre predicted to go up by at least "1.50 in the next three months due to big contract deals with mallusk enginerring and BT.

its your choice, the stock is meant to triple in the next three months. i myself have £3000 in it and im due to get £4500 at he end of three months, im gonna be happy!

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Easier said...than done.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Anything can happen...just like that. Remember the Wall Street Crash?

8. hooligan_inc Guest

ah, 1920s America...I remember it well

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

We could also spend the rest of our lives never taking any risks for fear of something that might or might not happen.
    Market Crash - probably inevitable
    When? - Who knows
    Am I a capitalist risk taker - Hell Ya

But as always the grain of salt...
    Too good to be true - probably is.

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited March 09, 2001).]

10. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

5. Drug Dealing

11. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Never thought of that one :rolleyes:

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ahhhh...
    Love drugs!

13. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.