1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lego Star Wars help needed (PC)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by kuemper, Jan 8, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There's 1 minikit canister we can't get! It's on the Darth Vader level of Episode 3, just before you fight Anakin. The guide we were using (for the PS2 because the PC 1 only had Episode 1 done :rolleyes: ) says to use a high jumper across the lava to a certain metal platform, then use an astromech to hover/fly over to a ledge. The problem (other than the metal platforms falling into the lava after 10 seconds :lol: ) is the ledge is too high for our R4 to land on (it keeps knocking its head on the edge of it).

:help: , please. Anyone?

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

IIRC, (my son and I play it on gamecube, but have moved on to game 2), you can't get that canister from the fight platform.

When you first jump from the structure to the rocks on the lava, jump to the right, not the left (which takes you to the fight platform). Keep jumping until you come to a rock that is close enough to use an astromech droid to fly across.

If this doesn't work, let me know. I'll check it out at home.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, K mentioned this at the last D&D session and loaned me the game; she's right. The canister is on a rock off to the right of the 'fight platform', and the usual path is to jump from metal 'lillypad' to lillypad along the left side, stand on a strut and wait for it to sink and fall over allowing you to reach the platform, then fight.

But if you stay along the right side of the 'lillypad field', you come to the closest pad to the 'island', which is just a little too far to high-jump to.

...but if you use the astromech from that spot; the island is raised up from the lava a little too much to float onto it; the droid bumps along the edge of the island, then runs outta thrusters or whatever and dies. I've been trying a fair bit, but I can't find a 'beach' where I can get the droid onto the isle. :(

(maybe it's a PC-version-unique glitch? I'm gonna check out the official website for any patches)

4. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I guess that you already made it, but just in case.
    Here's a complete walktrough:
    (the one in gamefaqs... didn't know you can't link from there)
    The jump is doable with the Astromech, you just have to try to hover very straight, so you won't lose the precious very little time of 'gas'. Playing with a joypad helps a lot. You don't need a high jumper to get to the big rock at the end of the platforms, any jedi can double jump to get at the top. Don't get too exited, you have plenty of time to get from one platform to another, once you reach the 'second floor' of the big rock, put R2 to the very edge of the rock to hover to the little island.
    Did you tried LSW 2? Is a bit better and is a lot longer with more things to do, and the cutscenes are very, very funny.

[ January 29, 2007, 18:47: Message edited by: Sydax ]

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, that very PS2 walkthrough is what we'd all been using to get up to this point.

But more to the point - you've made the 'hover' on the PC version? Right, will just have to practice harder. Also prolly have to let Kuemper's hubby try it - I tend to have a bit of palsy in my hands. :(

Thanks for the encouragement, and I've already heard good things about LSW2, I guess I'll pick it up this payday. :D

6. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Just tried again, and yes the Astromech can hover there.
    It did take me lots of tries; as I said, you have to focus on hovering very straight, you can correct your line at most just once, whenever you do that twice, you won't get there.

If you liked LSW, you will like LSW2 for sure, you won't regreat.

Ok, now that I have a good PC, I feel like trying Gamecam, so here's the result.
    Ignore the last jump, simply hover with R2 to the rock I tried to reach.

[ January 29, 2007, 19:38: Message edited by: Sydax ]

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It seems to me that you need to move your astromech diagonally, but it only flies straight. Hubby still hasn't done it and we've searched all over for an actual PC walkthrough. Everyone uses PS.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31

The video is from my PC game, I used Gamecam to record it.
    The walkthrough from Gamefaqs worked just right to me, there are two of them, one with just Episode I done and other that has everything.
    I'll try later with a keyboard to see how it goes, I use a joypad (looks like a PS2 joypad) that I guess helps a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.