1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Anyone else realy love this game. For some weird reason I'm playing through it again and I discovered something, I can play the first few bars of Star Wars!
    This game I believe deserves great praise and honor because though it is not a true RPG, it is the game that got me into it and it still rules after finishing it (though its hard to get motivated to bother).
    So praise it with great praise!

And anyone know what the newish GBC Zelda games are like?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Heh, finally something we can agree on Aikanaro.

At least once a year I go back and play Ocarina of Time, and now Majora's Mask with it. They both are great games, and alone are reasons to get a N64 (well ok maybe add in Smash Brothers, Rogue Squadron, and Goldeneye) because used 64's can't be that much nowadays.

Truly beautiful. Nothing beats watching the sunset atop Death Mountain, or over Lake Hylia. And the bosses are always a blast, if not easier this time around (funny how that is ;) ). But you can always impose restrions on yourself -> no z-targeting in combat situations and no extra hearts. Always fun.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Loved Zelda 64 too. I especially like the sword duels - beats rolling dice, THAC0 and AC! :D

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree, it is the only game (that I have played) that makes N64 worth it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to complete it yet... :(

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I loved ocarina of time and played it all the way through once and about halfway through (water temple, the only bit i don't like) quite a few times.

On the other hand majoras mask just didnt give the same satisfaction for me. It was basically a worse version of Ocarina of time IMHO. The idea was good but i just didnt like the time aspect and how basically you had to keep going back and doing stuff all over again and i didnt get a feeling of satisfaction like you can when your riding round hyrule on epona and going to the top of death mountain or hyrule lake and looking at what you have saved. That is tru game satisfcation :) I also only liked about half the masks in majoras whereas i loved every second of Ocarine :grin:

6. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

To be honest I liked them both. Majoras Mask seemed more darker then Ocarina for some odd reason, but Ocarina over all was still better.

The water temple is undoubtedly the hardest temple, but the coolest fight takes place there. Shadow Link! Nothing like fighting yourself. And I strongly recommend playing the game through with the minimum number of hearts(3) if you think the games too easy. Some enemies can kill you in one hit. For a uber challenge, fight Ganon with iron boots on. :evil:

7. mr_moose Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I LOVE ocarina of time. I cant really remeber how many times i have beaten that game.
    Big B: no extra hearts? alredy done that :p
    Guess i have to beat it whithout z-targeting to have at least some kind of challenge. The only problem as i can see with that would be ganondorf and his phantom.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31

Indeed Phantom Ganondorf without z-targeting is hard, but still possible.

Majora's Mask is good but it is not as "epic" as Ocarina of Time. I get a "Through the Looking Glass" kind of feel from Majora's Mask. One thing I praised with Majora's Mask, was characters being at different places at different times, having different agendas, and interacting more with Link and his various forms when donning the masks. My main beef with Majora's Mask are the dungeons. Not enough. The first dungeon is so small and compact. That just leaves 3 main dungeons and a few mini-dungeons. There should have been more and they should have been better. My second beef was the tackiness of Terminia Field.

Regardless, both games are great.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I never got around to buying Majora's mask. I was saving for BG2 at the time it came out. I might get it, its a lot cheaper now.

10. Soul here. Yeah, those games are classics. I musta beaten them each about 3-4 times, and for me, that's a lot. (I have a short attention span)
    One of my favourite things about them is Ruto. She was nekkid in Ocarina, and that must have angered some kid's mother, because her counterpart in Majora's Mask is wearing a big purple dress.

I found out that in Japan, Nintendo is working on a Gamecube Zelda game, which at nintendo.com they're only referring to as 'The Legend of Zelda (tentative title) GCB'.

You know, they haven't even finished making the Japanese version, which means the English version won't be released until about May, (and that's if we're lucky!) but it's still a deciding factor in my dilemma. Go with Gamecube and continue the Zelda legacy, or go with Playstation 2 and keep playing Final Fantasy games. Oh well, I'll work something out. I have lots of time before I can afford it anyway.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] If you think Princess Ruto is hot, then check into the nearest psych ward :p ;) :p . Fishmongering pedophile!

Hmm, wait until one of your friends gets it and try it out. Or rent it from Blockbuster. I hear they are moving to a 9-day check out policy with no extra charge :eek: :grin: :eek: That's going to make renting video games a better deal!

12. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I never said she was hot, I just pointed out that some angry mother (and by mother I mean a woman with kids, not an insult) complained because there was a naked woman in the game, so they threw a purple rug on her.

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That game is so fun, and I can play "When the Saints go Marching In" on the ocarina, which is quite cool.

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

At first, I didn't like it at all.

The last Link I'd played was Zelda3. The 3d part of Zelda4 just really turned me off.

But it did grow on me quite a bit. I'd have to say now that I liked the game. There was enough of a tie-in to the original game that it doesn't completely throw the whole story askew. Like some other games do.

And I didn't have to listen to any sermons about why nukes are bad, America is raping the planet, listen to the Chi, innocent girls being corrupted, bi-pedal robots...etc

Yeah, Zelda4 was a good game.

As I understand it, that n64 emulator runs Zelda4 really well. I tried it years ago on a voodoo2, and it was a little choppy, but it did work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.