1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Land of the free, home of the brave, owned by the stupid

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Erebus, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Is it just me or is America, are progressivly getting dumber? I ask twenty Americans if they now about SARS, only one said yes.

2. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, given the depth, expansiveness, and detail of your research, & given the obviousl logical strength in your argument (19 people didn't know about sars therefore americans are becoming progressively dumber), I'd say your conclusion is inescapable.

Bravo, you should be published Science.

As an aside, this thread fits in perfectly with some comments of mine early in the "why do you dislike the u.s." thread -- please feel free to comment there.

Edit -- another aside, I have the simpson's episode where Lisa is afraid her family becomes progressively less intelligent at a certain age, good episode.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

No I did comment, and I did some more research on it, thank you very much.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Would it be possible to limit the America bashing threads on SP?

Seriously, this is getting old and ridiculous.

Many Americans don't "now about SARS" ... but the do know about it. :rolleyes:

.... deciding to go play in a less stressful enviornment ...

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Do you have anything to offer to these forums other than American bashing rhetoric? You are too gutless to even put where you are from in your profile.

If Americans are getting progressively dumber, what does that say for whatever country you are from? Why doesn't your nation challenge the US economically or militarily? Why don't more people go to your country for the education, economic, and medical opportunities than go to America?

For a nation of people getting progressively dumber (which implies we were dumb to begin with) we are doing pretty well.

How is your country doing?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, OK, relax people. Tarsakh, did you read the rules? I would say that after 314 posts you should know them better than those Americans you're talking about know about SARS.

One final point: You're confusing ignorance with stupidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.