1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - Character Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay, this is my character. I would ask that the people who are joining would follow the same form when posting their characters.

Name
    Miost Berrain

Sex
    Male

Race
    Half-Aquatic Elf (Human appearance, swimming of elf, slight point in ears)

Class
    Ranger, some Rogue abilities

Family
    Smith (Ashir, father), doctor (Deati, mother, elf), and two sisters (Feeliv, 6, and Jasto, 11)

Creature
    Recently hatched female white dragon named Surion

Appearance
    Miost has blond hair down to his shoulders, and tanned, rough skin. His eyes are a dark green. He usually wears a short-sleeved shirt, and capri-like pants. He doesn't wear shoes, and if he does, they are usually very light. His best friend is a hobbit named Torben (played by Scot).

Weapons
    Miost uses a bow and two daggers. He uses some water magic, but hasn't finished his training.

[ January 15, 2006, 17:42: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

2. Benan Gems: 20/31

Name
    Kayn Felost

Sex
    Male

Race
    Human

Class
    Fighter

Family
    Father (Bern). The other members of Kayns family were killed when Kayn was a child.

Appearance
    Average height (5'8ish) and broad Kayn weighs around 185 pounds. He is musular and it's very evident. He has dark brown hair, almost black that is not long but it's not short either. His hair is never combed, and is always mussed. He has dark brown eyes set in a handsome face. He always seems to have about 3 days growth of a beard. He wears simple leather clothes that are a little baggy. He wants armour, but can't afford it.

Weapons
    Kayn carries one weapon, a long sword that he keeps strapped to his back.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Name
    Breyd Treesong of the Ironfingers Clan

Sex
    Female

Race
    Dwarsf

Class
    Druid

Family
    Miner (Father, Dernan), Gem-cutter (Mother, Alnai) she is an only child.

Appearance
    Height 4' 3" and weighs about 170lbs she has the typical muscular build of a dwarf and her long dark brown hair is braided and coifed inside a simple helmet. Unusally for a dwarf Breyd is tanned and she has bright emerald eyes. Under a dark green tunic she wears an Ironwood mail shirt, her dark green trews are tucked into sturdy half-length boots.

Weapons
    In her hand is an Ironwood staff and at her side is a panther.

[ January 10, 2006, 11:43: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Name: Alandro

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Companion: Nightingale, a Songbird.
    Class: Swordsman

Weapon: Alandro carries a longsword with a black scabbard, a gift from his father before he left his land. His sister owned the twin of this sword, it was lost after her death. The longsword itself is jet black, with gold lettering up the blade.

Family: Sister, Alandra (deceased)

Appearance: Alandro wears burnished bronze plate armour, with a crimson cloak. A black band is tied around his sword arm, and anotehr hangs from the hilt of his sword. He has long black hair and green eyes.

[ January 15, 2006, 11:43: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What does race 'other' mean?

6. Daie d'Malkin

That means I'm being mysterious

*Cue sinister music*

I'll explain later, unless I really have to here

7. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Name
    Torben

Sex
    Male

Race
    Hobbit

Class
    Alchemist

Family
    Torben's mother and father came to the village tavern one hot summer night long ago. His father was bloody and injured near death, raving about the night spirits that had attacked them, and his mother was in the process of giving birth to him. The midwife was called for and brought Torben forth, but his mother died soon after, and his father was overtaken with crazed grief, yelling that they would never take his son alive. In the process of trying to protect his family, he managed to burn down half of the tavern and inn, gettin himself burned to death in the process. The midwife managed to get Torben and his mother's body out of the room before it burned up. On her body, they found an exquisite gold and diamond necklace.

The tavern owner, a miserly sea elf named Nimmkelt, took the necklace into his keeping, and said that when Torben was old enough, he could work to repay the cost of rebuilding the inn and eventually get his mother's necklace back. The mid-wife, an old woman named Katja, raised Torben until he was nine, then Torben went to work for Nimmkelt.

Torben lived in the tavern's root cellar. He soon excavated himself a comfy hole to live in behind the potatoes. As he grew older, Nimmkelt had him help in brewing the tavern's ale. One season, the hops had a funky shimmering mold on them, because Torben hadn't kept them dry like he should have. Not wanting Nimmkelt to be angry, Torben used the hops anyway. The result was an ale that made it's drinkers very extravagant with their coin. Needless to say, Nimmkelt wanted Torben to continue brewing that kind of ale. Since then, Torben has been experimenting with different brews, mixes, and their various effects, under the tutelage of Katja, who though now quite old, hasn't forgotten all she knew about herbology.

When Torben's hole hit up against the stones of the tavern's well, he cut a hidden door into it. Diving down into the well, he found an underground stream that lead to a network of natural passages under the village.

Torben spends what time he has after all his chores at the tavern are done searching the caverns, the nearby forest and jungle, and the sea shore for interesting plant, animal, and mineral items to mix up and see what he can make with. He also likes to drink some special brews he has with his good friend Miost Berrain.

Appearance
    Torben has long dirty blond hair. He usually wears a brown shirt and breeches, with a cloak bedecked with pockets and buckles and webbing to put stuff in.

Weapons
    Torben carries a 3 foot long stout pole, with three different tools that can attach to it, depending on what he is collecting: a small trident for catching fish and frogs, a bill hook for cutting plants, and a pick axe for digging tunnels. He also has a net bola for catching flying things, and of course his sling and dagger for personal defense, though he tries to stay hidden from anything that might harm him. He usually has several different bottles of various brews on him, and is always trying to concoct something new.

[ January 09, 2006, 20:12: Message edited by: Scot ]

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Name:
    Lena

Sex:
    Female

Race:
    Halfelf

Class:
    Healer or Cleric, however it works best in RP

Family:
    Lena says nothing of her family, except that her mother, whom she resembles greatly, is gone of this world. Lena is too quiet and does things with an efficiency not seen in someone so young.

Appearence:
    Lena has long, reddish hair pulled back in either a tail or a single braid. Her pointed ears and big green eyes denote her elven heritage. She wears rough garments of s shirt, skirt and scuffed, low boots.

Weapons:
    Lena carries no useable weapons. Always at her side is a pack slung crossways over a shoulder and is filled with bandages and herbs.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Great characters guys!! I'm hoping this new way of RPing for me will work out.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Name:
    Rayenna

Sex:
    Female

Race:
    Human Traveller

Class:
    Bard - Her spell casting is similar to the BG type bard but is in a sense inherent. Some Travelers are born with an Order. They have no choice. They are what they are. They do train and learn but if they never used their talent they would go insane. There are few of them and they are much valued by their clan.

Companion: Salana, a large silvery white owl.
    Family:
    Father: Jerban, clan smith Mother: Aryann, healer
    3 brothers and 2 sisters.

Appearance:
    5' 7" tall, slim but not skinny. Long pale blond hair almost white worn in a braid down to her waist. Sky blue eyes. She wears baggy blue trousers tucked into soft brown leather boots. Her tunic is white with intricate embroidary. Around her neck is a silver chain from which hangs the image of a silver owl.

Weapons: Short sword and short bow, quiver. Lyre in a leather case. Back pack.

Note: I have taken the idea of Travelers from Patricia Briggs.

Edit :name - add information

[ January 19, 2006, 05:26: Message edited by: Nakia ]

11. Daie d'Malkin

Hmm, I suppose I'd better post a character thing for ALandra too.

Name: Alandra Faeylin

Race: Human

Class: (Not thats its important) Swordswoman

Weapon: Nothing now, she can only appear to scare people.

Family: Alandro

Appearance: When she chooses to be visible, Alandra is a tall woman with long dark hair and green eyes. She wears chainmail armour sometimes, but can change her clothes at any time. Occasionally a longsword identical to Alandro's hangs at her hip.
    Physically, she is certainly attractive, but she rarely appears long enpugh for anyone to get more than a glimpse of her.

[ May 02, 2006, 23:10: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

12. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Laelit - Dramatis Personae

There's so many people in this thread, I'm making this list just to help me keep things straight. Hope others find it helpful. Any changes or edits you want either reply or PM me and I'll up date it.

Basic format will be:

Player - Character Name - age - sex race class -local/stranger(to Laelit)
    companion creature name sex species

Elwithral Irenicus - Miost Berrain - 16 1/2, male Half-Aquatic Elf Ranger, some Rogue abilities - local
    Surion - female white dragon

Benan - Kayn Felost - 19, male Human Fighter - local
    Vike - green wingless dragon

Darkstrider - Breyd Treesong of the Ironfingers Clan -
    19, female Dwarf Druid - stranger
    Bast - panther, Mnemeth - dragon

Daie d'Malkin - Alandro Faeylin- 28, male human Swordsman - stranger
    Nightengale - Songbird

Alandra deceased human swordswoman

Scot - Torben - 31, male Hobbit Alchemist - local
    Rusty - sex unknown rust monster

Kuemper - Lena -16, female Halfelf healer/Cleric - stranger
    Porso - Phoenix/firebird

Nakia - Rayenna - 16, female Human Traveler Bard - stranger
    Salana - large female silvery white owl

Bracdorn - mid 30s, half human half traveler - clan leader - stranger

Dalamar Maximus - Holongost Berrain - 17, male Half-elf - Hoplite in-training ( spearman) related to a local
    Beratli - minotaur

Riavin Shadowhand- Riavin "Roo" Shadowhand - 19, male half-halfling/half-elf - Thief/Ranger/Sorcerer - stranger
    Mephis - black squirrel

NPCs
    Ashir Berrain - Smith, Miost's father
    Deati Berrain - doctor, Miost's mother, elf
    Feeliv Berrain, 6, Miost's sister
    Jasto Berrain, 11, Miost's sister
    Bern - Kayn's father
    Dernan - Miner Breyd's father
    Alnai - Gem-cutter Breyd's mother
    Nimmkelt - male aquatic elf owner of Nimmkelt's tavern
    Frehicke - female human cook at Nimmkelt's
    Diegin - male half-orc indentured servant at Nimmkelt's
    Katja - female human midwife/alchemist, Torben's foster mother and tutor
    Jerban, traveler clan smith, Rayenna's father
    Aryann, traveler clan healer, Rayenna's mother
    3 brothers and 2 sisters of Rayenna
    Annersinn brothers - 7 bachelor brothers from eldest to youngest Daniv, Hosful, Jarl, W, X, Y, Z
    local farmers, a strange egg is being incubated by their poultry
    The Eldest - leader of Laelit
    The Blade - military commander of Laelit

Locations
    Nimmkelt's tavern
    Berrain's smithy
    Olot - Holon's village, recently destroyed by unknown assailants

[ January 25, 2006, 20:13: Message edited by: Scot ]

13. Daie d'Malkin

Dragon? I gots me a birdie!

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Name: Holongost Berrain ( cousin of Miost )

Race: Half-elf

Class: Hoplite in-training ( spearman)

Weapon: Short spear with a 2 foot sword blade.

Family: Deceased and Miost and his family

Appearance: Long brown hair always messy and in his eyes, dark brown eyes, 5'11" lanky ,a broken nose, long legs. A quite intelligent warrior but still green and hot headed. Very competitive and can't stand losing.

Creature: A small humanoid thing the size of a two yearold human with a bulls head. It's name is Beratli.

Info: from another village quite far off that was destroyed, Holon( nick name ) was sent by his father to seek help and doesn't know what befell his people. Unsure were to go next, he headed for his only surviving relatives, Miost. 2 weeks days away from the village he came upon a screaming woman who thrust a bundle into his arms and ran off. In side was a two year old baby with a bulls head. Condemming it to death he was about to cast it away but he felt such an iresistable to keep the monster. Naming it Beratli he straped to his back and made for the village.

Edit: Holon changed his last name like all orphans under 18 do at his old village he is now Holongost the Bull

[ January 27, 2006, 02:11: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I didn't intend Bracdorn to be a playable character but he seems to be developing into one.

Bracdorn is the clan leader. He doesn't have any other title. His father, deceased, was a Traveller, his mother, living, a non-Traveller. His philosophy comes from both parents. He doesn't feel obligated to fulfil something that some weird wizards caused 100's of years ago but he does feel very strongly that evil must be fought. He is in his early 30's, a warrior and a charismatic leader. He expects obedience but is fair and cares very much for the members of his clan.
    Ruggedly good looking(married and the father of 2 sons and 1 daughter). 5'11"-6' in height. Normally he dresses in brown pants, boots and an embroider tunic but I think now he would be lightly armoured, long sword and dual wields a short sword. Can and does use ranged weapons..longbow. Guess he should have a light accent but not too noticeable. He does come from a different continent but has spent most of his life on this continent but is new to this area.

He is used to being obeyed especially by the younger folk. They jump when he says jump! Speak to him with due a leader of even a small group but know your own worth. (I just can't think of the right word)
    All Travellers are trained to fight but actual warriors would be about 12. I know, not many. But I figure the older men would not be front line fighters. The women would be concerned with protecting the children. 14 & 15 yr olds would not be sent out. If the camp is attacked everyone old enough & big enough to wield a weapon would fight. Bracdorn would welcome a few seasoned warriors.

Another thing I thought of: Bracdorn would have talked to the leaders of the village including "The Blade" I gather he is in charge of the fighters. The attitude of the leaders is that they will be prepared for trouble but don't really expect any. Right now, they are just confused about all these strange animals showing up but don't really expect trouble. Patrols have been sent out I gather.

I also intend Bracdorn to offer good serviceable armour to any who need it. Nothing fancy or magical but after all Rayenna's father is a smith and naturally, he is a very good one. Any one wanting the armour would have to be willing to fight "the Evil" and just trotting off somewhere would be severely frowned upon.

Please see fit to interact with Bracdorn.

Now I would rather not add another character so anyone wanting to interact with Rayenna's mother or father just go talk to them.

Any questions ask on OCC or PM me.

16. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all,
    I don't know if i'm allowed to join in but i will just post my character and wait for a reply from the gm if it's ok. This is my first rp so don't be too harsh if my character is somhow strange or "overpowered".

Name: Riavin "Roo" Shadowhand

Race: Halfling (or better half-halfling, half-elf)

Class: Thief (2), Ranger (1), Sorcerer (1)

Allingment: Chaotic Good

Creature: Black Squirrel called Mephis

History:
    Roo was born in a great city, far away from Laelit and the Jungle. His mother was a halfling who sold her body to keep alive in the cruel city. One day an Elvish nobleman took her services and Roo was born 9 months later. His mother was killed by some unknown person when he was 6 years old, and had to live on his own from then.

He grew up and became a quite good thief. But one day he ran into a sorcerer who had better magic than his skills could handle. The sorcerer felt some great ability within him and made him his apprentice. But Roo couldn't get away from his old style of living and still broke into houses at night to gain some money. One day he was carless and didn't notice he forgot to disarm a trap on a chest and lost his left ring-finger.

Now he hadn't the ability anymore to cast complicated spells and his master had to dismiss him from his studys. But the old mage had compassion with the halfling and sent him to a friend, an elven ranger, to train him in his arts of fighting and natur knowledge.

Now Roo desperately searches for a way to get a new finger, to continue his career as a great magican. He is at the moment training his skills as a ranger but as usual, he can't keep away from using his thief-skills.

Roo learned the same weapon style like his Ranger-master, who used a scimitar and a short-sword. Roo had to buy a special crafted short-scimitar and uses a dagger instead of a short-sword, due to his smaller size. He is also skilled in using a short-bow.

Gear:
    He wears a pitch-black masterwork studded-leather armor, a specialy crafted Short-Scimitar and a dagger. He also has a short-bow, a quiver with 20 arrows, some masterwork thief-tools and several bags on his belt.

[ January 25, 2006, 19:30: Message edited by: Riavin Shadowhand ]

17. Nakia

Media:
    Some Information on the Travellers

Travellers are human beings who have been charged with fighting evil especially those they call the Shadowed. A few of them are Ordered. At birth or conception they receive innate gifts.

There are six Orders. The Raven=mage; the Falcon=Ranger plus the ability to spot traps/disarm traps and open locks; The Lark=healer; the Owl=bard plus the ability to know if someone is telling the truth as they know it; the Cormorant =weather witch and can control the wind/lighting; the Eagle is the Guardian of the Travellers.

Only a Raven has the power to 'see' the Orders. The Orders actually don't manifest themselves until about 10 yrs old. Otherwise the undisciplined children bearing Orders would be a danger to the clan and other innocent people.

All the Travellers and those who join with them, have a touch of something different about them. It makes them fiercely dedicated to fighting evil.

On their home continent they were persecuted by the very people they were charged to protect. Many were killed by these people as well as the Shadowed they fought. In fact around half the clans have been wiped out.

Men and women are equal and both are trained to fight. If not wearing some sort of armour they dress in embroidered tunics and pants which can be any color but not garish.

They do not worship any gods and there are no clerics.

[ February 02, 2006, 10:47: Message edited by: Nakia ]

18. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Name
    Tide Locke

Nicknames:
    Locke (A lot of people call him by his second name)
    Tiddles (Annoying name he hates being called)

Sex
    Male

Race
    Half-Aquatic Elf (Human appearance, swimming of elf, slight point in ears)

Class
    Slayer/ Assassin

Family
    Deepe (Adopted father, legendary warrior)
    Rin/Rine/Riin/Reen/Rynne/Rinne/Ryn/Ren/Renny etc. [proper name: Rain/Rein/Raine/Reine] (Adopted sister, Assassin/ slayer, 24, Can't figure out what name she likes for herself and changes it all the time)

Creature
    Two recently hatched red dragons. A male and a female. Aspiring to find a blue dragon.
    Male: Gackt Female: Tomiko

Appearance
    Has sandy hair and dark blue eyes like the ocean. He wears a loose fitting, blue, fighting robe (it has components of both a silk kimono and a cotton hoodie) and any pants he can get.

Weapons
    He is trained in using a chain with a blade at the end, elbow blades, a staff or pole, and is currently learning how to use a sword. A sword is not used very often by the aquatic elf but Tide is interested in the art. He is also just fine without weapons being trained in an ancient aquatic art. He is perfecting his control over the waters and is quite clumsy with them at the moment.

[ February 12, 2006, 19:34: Message edited by: Nicolas Hydre ]

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There is only one Car'ygal to each Chosen!

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Why don't you make two of them pseudo-dragons or something? It just seems like you might be a bit over-powered. Like dragons that only get to the size of a Rotweiler or so? Dragons are very hard to come by! And just one Car'ygal remember? You get one egg.

What's a skayer? Do you mean Slayer? If so, explain.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.