1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

King Arthur: Legion IX - Review @ TBL

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, May 22, 2024.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The Turn Based Lovers reviewed King Arthur: Legion IX:

[​IMG]

KING ARTHUR: LEGION IX REVIEW

Set in the same dark fantasy universe as King Arthur: Knight's Tale, this is the latest game from NeocoreGames. King Arthur: Legion IX is a turn-based tactical game mixed with a character-centric RPG. I had the opportunity to take a look. Let's see if the Ninth Legion is good enough to rise from the dead or if they should stay fallen in Tartarus.

[...]

CONCLUSION
    So, with all that being said, does the Ninth Legion in King Arthur: Legion IX deserve to rise up from Tarturas? I certainly think so. If you are a fan of the first game, King Arthur: Knight's Tale, then I am sure you are happy to see the developers made another game in the same dark universe. If you have never played the first one, don't be afraid to jump into the universe with this game. Play the other one later if you want.

There weren't a whole lot of things that I could find to complain about. I think the biggest thing that kind of stood out as odd was the fact that the voice of Gaius Julius Mento during the game was not the same as the voice in the opening cinematic. That was kind of off-putting for me. Gaius sounds a lot more metallic in the game. I actually thought there was something wrong with my audio during the first mission. Other than that, the voice acting was really good.

The only other thing that might be a downfall for some people is the fact that the game is so linear. Now, I'm not saying that every game has to be open-world. However, as I mentioned in the map section, there is only one mission per level and every level after each mission. Even if there are multiple missions available at one time. There really is no point in doing them out of order. That just feels a little limiting to me. Almost like there is no point to having more than one unlocked at a time.

With only two things to complain about, I would say there really isn't any reason not to check this one out. If you are a fan of turn-based tactical games or RPGs, then I would say this is going to be a good one to dive into. I really enjoyed the setting and the combat. Hopefully, this review will help you decide whether the game is right for you. The game is available on Steam here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2024
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.