1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by stargazer, Apr 17, 2001.

1. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] It's a pretty stupid question but I've been wondering for quite some time now which country each of you comes from. I mean, it's not really important but I was just curious.
    I for one come from Greece... Oh well, it doesn't matter.

P.S. A new member should have said hi first, right? Silly me. HI ALL! :)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  3. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thank you, oh mighty wizard, for answering this humble question. I should have checked before asking anyway.
    May the forces of Toril be with thy...

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No problem... I'm sure a lot of the newer people that weren't here for that other post will reply...

5. Seric Exz Guest

Well, I'm rather youngish, naive, bright, shiny & new, and since me boss got me working overtime yet *again*, I shall hereby waste his money by posting. HARR-HA... erm... hihi...

So therefore; Hi. I'm from Norway. I'm getting mighty high on a rather bad batch of coffee right now, so excuse me while I go break something. (tam-tam-taaaaaa!)

6. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So, this thread is going to be the newbie 'where are you from' list? Fine, that other thread was off topic anyway (but funny as hell)

I'm from Zaandam, Holland. (some 10 miles from Amsterdam) It's wet and rainy here at the moment, dull and boring... And it was suposed to be spring! It was supposed to be a nice temperature and the people should wear clothing that's supposed to be worn with nice temperatures! Raaargh!! :mad:

The Netherlands is not the only rainy country at the moment right? (looks around hopefully, and returns to his beer(s) after a moment, deeply disappointed....

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I guess I fall into this category (I was a watcher for months, and just recently started posting.

I'm from the USA, Chicago to be exact.

BTW - Welcome to the Forum!

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

And to think that the link BTA provided was provided by me...oh the flattery, the flattery of it all!

9. Wingfoot Guest

Really Mathetais. I'm from Chicago as well. Evanston to be exact, well for the next 2 weeks anyway until i move into the city. What part of Chicago are you from?

10. herf Guest

dont know if i count as a newbie...lol
    im really a verteran of these boards, but i come form northern ireland, where the terrorists roam free and the hills are exploding with bombs and the air whistles with the sweet sound of petrol bombs flying towards the police...ahhhh...i love this country!

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wilmington, Delaware USA

Our state mottos are: "The First State"
    "The Diamond State" "The Blue Hen State"
    "The Home of Tax Free Shopping (I'm serious)"

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm from Caledonia, land of the beautiful grey skies- that knuckle end of England,land of Calvin, oatcakes and sulphur (quote from someone I've forgotten). Apprroprriate as I play a dwarrf, though I've taken tae exaggerratin' me accent an' typin like I'm in a Broons comic.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 17, 2001).]

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay, I clicked on the link that was provided, and I noticed some stuff. Why is Darien listed as Spider Genocide avatar? And who is Erran and why is he a wizard?

14. caleb Banned

I lived in hawaii for 16 years and now live in washington(westcoast one not d.c.)

15. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Vienna, Austria

->Sap 1. The topic wasn't update since she's our Mistress :)
    2. No idea.

[This message has been edited by BogiTheWaverer (edited April 18, 2001).]

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

*nods at Bogi, recognizing his use of her proper title*

Erran is the head of AORTA and Moderator of the AORTA Guild Quarters.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited April 18, 2001).]

17. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i am an aussie mate

18. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Stargazer rb-rjd,
    I'm currently living in Athens, Greece. Give me a call if U like (ICQ 92442054). OTOH, I'm Bulgarian. And, sorry, nice to meet U all.

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thank you Bogi, and Mistress Darien.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.