1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just got the game used for 4 bucks

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by hihihi1314, Dec 23, 2002.

1. hihihi1314 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] and i was wondering, roughly how many hours does this one take to beat? is it more like BGII with lots of cities and people and shops and stuff, or is it more like icewind dale with like one city and almost everything else you go to is a dungeon area crawling with bad guys

2. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

From the little I played and the tons I've read about the game you will be in one city for most of it. It's set in the Planescape universe as the title implies. It's a game heavy with role playing (you can earn far more experience points through dialogue options and high wisdom than through combat.) Does this help?

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    It's not really like BG II or IWD. It's quite different from the 'ordinary' RPG's.

How long it takes you to beat it depends on what kind of player you are. If you want to do only the things that are strictly necessary then I thing it's possible to finish the game in 15-20 hours.
    If you want to discover every little bit of the game it'll take you far longer.

I recommend the second method. :)

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] The city is about half the game, and you're not really there most of the time. How long the game takes can vary as there's a lot of side quests and a few of the quests are running around like a yoyo ;) . But it took me about a week when I first got it. These days it can take more or less time depending on what I'm doing in it and what I forget in it :lol: . I must be getting old ;)

5. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Took me slightly less than a week the first time through. Only cause I was playing it non-stop almost. I was so sucked into the game I would rather be running around Sigil than this pathetic shameful place.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

First time took me about 35 - 40 hours, doing every sidequest that I was able to find.

Second time I did in a weekend, doing just as much.

With the Rubikon maze and certain areas that "reset", though, I can see this game taking anywhere from 15 - 60 hours depending on your skill and patience.

7. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You spend most of the time in the city... mainly because the game revolves around the city.. sigil city of doors :) .

There ARE a few dungeons but the game was not designed as a hack n slash type game but more intelligent. You tell the fiend to "pike off" you get smacked in the face hehe.

You can be a brute if you want or an intelligent pascifist shape your characetr to whatever you want.

Also my first copy was lost so i went and bought anotehr and i got it in a double box with soulbringer for ten dollars.. i liked the deal :) :)

[ January 16, 2003, 22:01: Message edited by: X ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.