1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Join the conspiracy (Asheron's Call)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shralp, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Do you get too much sleep?

Do you need another addiction?

Do you have sick fantasies involving running around a make-believe world wearing only your undies?

All of this and more can be yours.

Those of you who frequent the chatroom during business hours (EDT) probably already know this, but after a lot of research ArtEChoke and I (and a non-SP friend of mine) bought Asheron's Call: Dark Majesty and started playing together online. With a fellowship of players you can do some potent smiting.

Character creation is very cool, very customizable. And the environment graphics are excellent. The level advancement system is far better than anything else I've seen.

So come kill stuff with us. (Ok, you can be a tradesman as well and study fletching or cooking, but killing is more fun.)

Buy Asheron's Call: Dark Majesty (it's an expansion, but it includes the original game) through Taluntain. Then join us on the Wintersebb server. Right now we're in Holtsburg, but we'll be moving about. Look for Shannon Ralp, Nul Vod, and Kao Chan.

Do it now!

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited April 12, 2002).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Pardon my ignorance but isn't that a pay to play game like Eversmack?

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

First month is free! Then $10/month. And the game itself is only $20!

So you can play for four months and it'll be the same as if you bought a new $50 game. Plus it's more entertaining 'cause it's got me and ArtEChoke cracking wise. And there's lots of love too. Loads.

5. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] You guys... :rolleyes: :D *snicker*

6. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Man, I'd love to, it'd be bootylicious to game with yous guys, but my new mortage says no. Hells no. Possibly, if I hit the lottery, I'll pick it up.

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

That's it!

No more love for ArchAngel. Pass it on.

8. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] hehe. Even how much I love you Shralp, I can't move to another apartment to get away from this college firewall, which even kills Java-applets now.

Although it is something we have to talk about, like any healthy relationship :1eye: :xx:

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 15, 2002).]

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Coming soon:

Motivational screen shots!

See Shannon Ralp and Nul Vod as they battle monsters, travel across wonderous terrain, cast mighty and spectacular spells, and spoon!

I, the life mage and archer Shannon Ralp, will be posting screen shots on my web site. You, mortals, will see them and become intrigued by the world that is Asheron's Call!

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Okay I'm moving away from this to ton horse dung firewall in my apartment.. :D

Anyway when will you be playing in Greenwich time or Washington time for that matter?

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Well, ArtEChoke goofs off all day, so he's pretty much on when he's not sleeping. (I'm bitter he's level 11 and I'm still only 10.) I'm usually on 6-12 US Eastern time.

I've got a couple of screenshots, but I haven't put 'em up yet.

12. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What class, etc. are you two? I played the original AC and got so addicted I had to switch to BG2 in order to satisfy my RPG addiction and still be able to eat and sleep.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 25, 2002).]

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

I'm an archer/life mage, but I just picked up item magic as well.

ArtEChoke is a melee master and creature mage. He fights with a staff. Flaming, even.

Tonight I made myself a drudge head mask. Then some chick gave me one that looks like a skull. Boo! Scary.

14. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Heh, yeah head collecting that's a pretty interesting part of the game. You can recover the heads from some types of monsters you kill, then if brought to the right person in certain towns, they'll make them into masks or helmets for you.

I've accumulated quite a few: A drudge mask (sort of the game's answer to goblins), a mosswart mask (lizard or frog men, I can't quite tell), a zombie mask, and and olthoi helmet (gigantic intelligent insect/slaver things, that helmet looks so cool.)

The quests in this game are a really curious change for someone who plays the infinity engine games alot. Because the world is completely open for free roaming, and you can situate yourself wherever you want - you really have to go out and find the quests. They don't come and find you. Sure there are some standard fetch quests to get you started, but most of it is purely up to you as to what you are after according to your own discoveries, or sometimes you'll just be asked by another adventurer to help in his/her quest, especially if you're allied to one particular group.

As an example, a member of the allegiance I'm part of, ran into an adventurer, who needed the help of a lockpicker. My char is a good lockpick, so I got the message and showed up to help. It turned out that he needed some keys fashioned out of wood golem hearts, to unlock strange stones that can be found on certain types of higher level undead. I'd accumulated some of these stones, and I was keeping them, beacuse I'd found a book that mentions them, and that they can be unlocked to provide the experiences of the undead creatures lives (whatever that means). I just didn't know how to unlock them. So upon meeting this guy, I got the final bits of information I needed to unlock the stones, and after helping the guy out (he paid me for it as well) I went off in search of wood golems to bash.

There are more concrete quests than that... (rescue my sister, find the ancient documents, etc) which is cool, but I really love the stuff that just comes up from exploring the world, and finding books and rumors about different things.

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited April 25, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.