1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira's attacking me ! Why?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Aferon de Caland, May 24, 2001.

1. Aferon de Caland Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm in the middle of Ch. 6, just knocked off Kangaxx and Shangalar, on my way to meet up with Drizzt to finish off Bodhi. After we enter the Graveyard District we have a little verbal sparring with Bodhi and then we make for the entrance to the Lower Crypts. On the way, Jaheira starts attacking me!!

We're a good aligned party, with reputation at 20, and I know she's been grumbling about striving for balance for awhile, but, according to the manual, as a true Neutral, she should only be unhappy with a 20 rep, not even angry or breaking with the party. So why is she attacking?

We've not had a romance, even though she did get a bit snippy with me when I slept with Phaera in Ust'Natha. I don't think Bodhi just bit her, I could be mistaken?

Does the bit that Bodhi inflicts on your love interest cause her to attack you before she dies? If she dies before I get through with Bodhi, that may suck really bad, as I need her negative plane protection spell assistance.

Any help out there?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's not a charm or something???? maybe she's a little bit pissed coz you slept with that bith or something?

Women..... you can better keep chickens. :)

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If you are not at this stage of the game (unlike Aferon de Caland) then the following will be a SPOILER:

If you had any kind of dialogue with Jaheira you may have started the romance. Of course if you are not aware of it you have probably done something to stop it without realising. When you meet Bodhi before the final battle I am pretty sure she attacks and bites the party member with the highest romance rating (if there is a romance option in the group). Although saying that, she didn't on my first run through, so presumably it needs to be of a sufficient level or maybe there is a bit of dice throwing behind the decision.

Anyway, I can't believe that you would have failed to notice her being bitten as Bodhi makes a speech about it before both of them disapear. If she has been bitten though it's 'bye bye' Jaheira for a while. Perhaps you could try recruiting Viconia. She should be in the graveyard (or still at the stake) and I think she has negative plane protection.

If jaheira's portrait is still showing in your group though, then (if only I could remember for sure) she is presumably not under Bodhi's control. In that case check her personal info to see if she is being charmed, or chaos, etc. Finally, did you select Jaheira then select attack then click on one of the party. It can be done accidently (and deliberately) and so make a member of the party attack another.

Finally, remember that it is possible to save Jaheira......after you finally defeat Bodhi.

PS Sorry not to add this sooner but there seemed to be a block to US based sites. Anyway, you will probably have difficulty recruiting Vicoina becasue of your high rep. Aerie, Anomen and Cernd migt also have the spell (not sure). Alternatively, just pop to a temple and buy some restoration scrolls. My non-magic user party relied on these during vampires battles and survived without druid, cleric, mage or sorcerer.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 24, 2001).]

4. Aferon de Caland Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the input, Slappy.

As a good party, Viconia's already out as an option--watched the crazy evil drow burn earlier in Ch. 3--and Amonen is since he failed his paladin test (now is Chaotic Neutral), and Aerie won't speak with me b/c when Amonen went off on her after he failed his test and eventually attacked her, she no longer would function within the group.

Honestly, I did not see whether Jaheira got bit as I was getting ready for work this morning and after Bodhi was done posturing, I moved the cursor over to the Lower Crypts' entrance and popped out of the room for a minute. When I got back, Jaheira was hacking away at me.

I think I'll just reload and try it again. But really, is that what is supposed to happen after Bodhi bites?

Should Jaheira start wailing on me?

Thanks also for the reminder about the, uh, way to bring her back. I didn't think that was going to happen to me as we hadn't had a formal relationship yet.

5. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

you prolly have her set on some script such as attack magic users. When there aren't any magic users around they will attack your own magic users.

6. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You sure about that? You mean that whenever there arn't hostile mages around they'll attck me? And the inly way to save myself is to hope that there is a hostile mage around?I think that if that was the case he would've noticed before.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.