1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Joesocwork, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I am going for a Jaheira romance w/ a paladin. The Global =1 and the LT = 33. However I fought Dermin long almost "months" ago and am just about ready to go to CH.4, having completed all of the subquests I am aware of. I am past the 100 day (BGII time)mark and have been stuck on LT 33 for aprox. 50 days. Is this a bug, did I mess up the romance, or does Jaheira have to get to lvl 14 as a cleric first? THanks.

2. I do not know, but there is a site out there which has many fixes to Jaheira's romance. Perharps you'll find it there. www.worldzone.net/games/manveru

3. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

She's very hard work! I've finally got her in bed, but if it had been real life I would certainly have given up!

4. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

As a matter of fact there is a site that can help you with your problem.

It's called.......................

Sorcerers Place
    www.sorcerers.net

They have this nifty option where you can search by the name of your problem in the appropriate forum and all sorts of topics will come up on this very subject that could help.
    They even have a games section where there are hints and fixes dedicated to the romances alone.

You should try it.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited April 16, 2002).]

5. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the feedback so far; I am currently looking up the sites now. However, for those familiar with the CLUA editor, my LT for Jaheira is 53, not 33 as I previously posted, and it has remained stuck there for a loooong time. Thanks again, Joe

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Use this command:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Lovetalk","LOCALS",57)
    while your mousepointer is over Jaheira.

Then hit rest button.

Don't worry for a few dialogs you'll miss - they are not of any importance nor hold consequences of "romance-broken" type.
    The loop bug you got can't be fixed by Manveru's fix - that in fact tweak helps only if you started a new game with it applied. Sorry.

7. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Jaheira Speaks!!! THe CLUA Console Editor worked! The LT was set to 57, then I took my game back a few previous quests about 20 days and the LT is now 61! & hopefully Terminsel WILL return to let J & my hero consummate their union before CH. 4.! Tx Extremist!!

BTW, when I started SofA, I had no idea that I was going to have to have my hero practice my profession of social work!!
    JSW

[This message has been edited by Joesocwork (edited April 19, 2002).]

8. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31

I know this is off topic but has anyone tried to play out the Aerie romance but no dialouges started up or the quest didn't ever start. I even tried to use the Console but to no avail.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Post what race are you. Some races are not compatible with Aerie.

Then post did you changed your race after the game started (via ShadowCheater or something else). Because if you changed your race to be compatible with Aerie after the game started, the game won't let you to have a romance.

Finally post if you have ToB installed. I've seen few posts where players post about inability to start a romance if ToB was present.

After you post answers, we'll proceed.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 19, 2002).]

10. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31

I didn't have ToB installed, I tried with a human then restarted with an elf, I didn't use any editors or cheats while trying to get the romance underway.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Humans and elves shouldn't have problems.

The romance starts the very moment you exit the Circus Tent with Aerie in your party.
    It could only stop if you've kicked her out of the party and let her wait for you more than three ingame days.
    And dialogs? You don't get dialogs from her while in dungeons.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 20, 2002).]

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    btw - halflings don't have problems either ;) I finished all romances with various halfling chars :)

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

True, but halfling cavaliers have a problem of disability to use their special ability of remove fear from Viconia.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.