1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Bush Forrest Gump or Machiavelli?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Darkwolf, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

2. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

More like Pinnochio without the lie detector (growing nose) but with a very similar complex:
    Dad i want to be a real boy (president)

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think people who call Bush stupid are foolish myself.

That said, this was a ridiculous article. The obvious response is: he didn't fool anyone like is asserted in the above quote. Where does this pompous fella get off? Fooled the French, Russian, and German intelligence indeed -- that explains their support.

As a sidenote, tough to take anything seriously when the first thing I see on the page is Ann Coulter who is the right's version of Michael Moore - making up facts and ad hominems are the most powerful form of debate to them. I think they post on this board.

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

He, he, if this guy is a believing christan, then I am a white rabbit.

Anyway, Bush doesn't think, Condoleeza Rice thinks.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Sorry, Darkwolf, I couldn't get past the mean-spirited vitriol that started the article to actually read it.

To answer the question, though, I think Dubya is smart enough to surround himself with smart advisors, AND listen to them more often than not. Or did the Republican party hand-pick his team for him...

Does that make me a <gasp> liberal?

6. Iago Gems: 24/31

Rallymama, that means we agree on the Condoleeza Rice issue ? In my view, she might become President. I don't like her conclusions, but she's got a brain... he, he, like Hillary Clinton. So... the pair for 2008.

No, I am not a democrat, hell, I am not even American ! (Thank god :D ) But that would be pair, a east-coast well educated liberal brain versus a black woman, well educated, born in the time of Segregation in Alabama, which has the most conservative WASP thinking :eek: . Imagine that ! And the demographic analysis of the outcome of the vote concerning ethnical preferences.

[ June 04, 2003, 18:56: Message edited by: Yago ]

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Hey, Yago, that's TWICE we've agreed on something! YIPPEE! :D

{pardon my silliness, but I was in a really lousy mood last night and it's finally worn off - maybe I've swung too far teh other way?}

8. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Laches,

The statement you are ridiculing is what many of the extreme leftists are starting to claim, not a statement that the author is claiming to be true. He is actually implying that the statement is preposterous, so you are indirectly supporting his position on that particular issue.

Res 1441 (IIRC) put the burden of proof on Saddam, but the French, Germans & Russians didn't want to enforce it militarily, arguably because they stood to loose too many economic benefits that Saddam was either throwing or going to throw their way. They never claimed that Saddam did not have WMD that I ever read.

Rally,

I really hope that you don't think that Hillary would be good for this country as president. Rice I have no problem with she would be as good as anybody else out there, but Clinton has told far too many lies, and obstructed justice far too many times for me to be able to have anything but scorn for her.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Darkwolf: My agreement was with Yago's assessment of Condoleeza Rice's abilities. :)

10. Iago Gems: 24/31

At Darkwolf:

A. Quoting myself:

B. Just to get the record straight:

a. He, he proving the non-existence of a fact, nice idea, from sleazy lawyers not found on this side of the pond.

b.
    Why moving European armies for American oil companies ? If you want it, move your own ass.

c. They claimed that the evidence the US-Goverment showed was so lousy, it was an insult for people who are able to count to ten.

d.
    Asking the average inhabitant of the European continent after the above stated facts about sending troops to Iraq, in pictograms:

:confused: :hmm: :nolike: :bang: :bang: :bang:

11. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

@Yago,

Your post stated:

I just was making sure of which part she was agreeing with, as I believed that she is too intellegent to be suckered in by Hillary's antics, and I am glad to find out I was right! :D

The sleazy UN politician from your side of the pond signed of on it!

Play with words all you want to, he was expected to prove that he didn't have such weapons by meeting certain expectations, and he refused on all of them. If you tell me to prove that I don't have a million $'s, and that you will accept my bank statements as such proof, when I deliver them to you, I just proved that the non-existance of the million $'s you claimed I had. Saddam could have done the same thing by following the stipulations of 1441.

Sorry I can't help it if most Euros are to afraid to back up what they say with force. Guess that is why no one takes a Frenchman's threat too seriously!

12. Iago Gems: 24/31

Hm, that's why I stated in italics under my post, that I don't support democrats. Hillary Clinton is just about the only women I know, inside American politics and she's got a brain too. But I actually was mainly thinking about the involved ironies, stated in italics .

No they won't. The will say, you propably got bank accounts somewhere hidden on the Bahamas, in Luxemburg, in Liechtenstein, Jersey (Channel Islands) or :eek: good lord :eek: Switzerland :eek:

A. As you remember, there was some serious disagreement about the interpretation of the words in the resolution (the main job of laywers, words and their meanings)

B. Going into a war without convincing plan what exactly to do, having no clue what happens afterwards and then, as Donnie "the naive" Rumsflield, being shocked by the :eek: "untidiness" :eek: of liberated people, just wasn't a convincing idea in the first place.

[ June 04, 2003, 19:54: Message edited by: Yago ]

13. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Negative 50 Billion points to Yago for quoting a cheesy Alanis Morissette song. Ok, so any Alanis Morissette song qualifies but sheesh, standards people, standards.

14. Iago Gems: 24/31

Dam, but I like that song actually.

15. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Personally I believe that was a very good picture of the man who wrote that article. You can't even see the strings connecting his hands to Bush's fingers.

(note: that was intended as sarcasm, I'm not one of those guys who sees everything they don't agree with as evil.)

16. Elden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

He's like a cross between the two

as manipulative and evil as Machiavelli but as dumb as Forrest Gump

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.