1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is anyone playing Death Knights of Krynn?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by matthewdevcic, Nov 26, 2005.

1. matthewdevcic Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm currently playing the PC version and was interested to know if anyone else is.

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think it has been about 10 years since I last played it.

Good luck!

3. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I could never get the PC version to work on my new computer. Might give it a bash through DOSBox, actually.

4. matthewdevcic Gems: 2/31

For some reason i really enjoy playing the older DOS D&D games. Sure graphics, sounds, etc are crap but i guess you must use your imagination. I found champions of krynn two years ago and finished it but i had no idea that death knights and Dark Queen of krynn existed until i found abandonware. I'm currently facing Lord Soth and once i beat him I will play Dark Queen.

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm ashamed to say I found them some months back - I'd played Champions of Krynn when it was originally out along with the other 'Gold Box' series - but I haven't gotten around to them :heh:

But I will confirm that other games of SSI's Gold Box engine (Buck Rogers, POOLRAD et al.) work FINE with DOSBox, Will. :D

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Wow! It's been ages since I've played those games!!! I also remember Dark Queen of Krynn being decent! The first Buck Rogers game was pretty awesome too...Back in the day.

7. matthewdevcic Gems: 2/31

I've just started dark queen and the graphics are 10X better than the others. Out of all three games i think that champions of krynn is the best. I would love to write a review about these games but i Believe that i'm about 14-18 years too late.

8. matthewdevcic Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I'm very suprised that more people are not playing this game

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm not too surprised. It's an old game and not too many people have heard of it. If they were to play one of these old CRPG's, I would guess it'd be a Gold Box because those are a bit more popular than the Dragonlance series.

10. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I tried playing DQK but those dragons in that first town you enter were just too darn hard. Anyone have any suggestions? Or was I doing it wrong?

11. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well now adays people just seem to look at graphics and multiplayer for games. But to us oldies who has a high wisdom score, we know where the true entertainment gems are hidden hehe. And the Krynn games are certainly one of them. I remember playing those when I was 12-15 years. HAd a damn good time with those games. There are loads of other great oldgames as well, Drop me a PM or an e-mail if anyone wants a list hehe. Am very glad people are still playing those games though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.