1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Iraq - victim of the powerstruggle between US and EU?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Dendri, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hi all.
    Googled a bit and came upon this.

If you have already read or discussed it - well, feel free to ignore. Just want to share it with the lot of you.

At last. A reason for the war on Iraq I can accept and actually understand. The official line given by the U.S. administration never convinced me all too much.

Why this isnt brought up by our media makes me wonder and even doubt the credibility of this analysis, however valid it may seem to me.

Comments which verify/falsify it are welcome.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    This information and opinion is all well in good if you ignore the fact that America is spending somewhere close to $1 billion per week in Iraq. Think about that - PER WEEK. We have already been there for over a year, and who knows how much longer we will be over there. The point I'm making is that the cost of the war would mean that any economic advantage we would gain from the war would not be realized until decades from now. And anyone trying to convince me that Bush was able to look at the "big picture" of what would be better for the U.S. long after his tenure as president was over (not to mention killing his political career in the process) is kidding himself.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Good point.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Now, I am not inclined to jump to Bush's defense - but there are surely SOME people in his cabinet and advisory staff who know about the processes of international trade. Who recognize what devastating effects it will have on the U.S. if the Euro usurps the Dollars function as oil currency. And who wont stop because of a deficit in budgets to safe the very fundament the U.S economy is based on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.