1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imprisoned Mage (Underdark)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shadowcouncil, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hiya, I can't find the cavern where the imprisoned mage is in the underdark... can someone gimme the location? thnx!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's the main cavern you're in when you reach the Underdark. He appears between a couple of those portals that the elementals are coming out of...

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

righty, thanks a lot....

Just had to know, didn't know the radius of the freedom spell and I have only 1 spell for I learned the other 2 spells they sell with my mages for the XP (18000)

But I understand that I can cast the spell in the whole main area of the underdark?

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited April 23, 2001).]

4. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just head a little North of the Duergar that are located deep South of the map and then cast away :)

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Tried that once... didn't realy work..... you mean there where the Air-Elemental-portal is?

6. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31

I don't remember which portal is which but I just headed slightly North, kinda level with the two portals and equidistant between them then cast the spell....no prob's.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well then it was the air elemental portal... Thanks!

8. ayecapitan Guest

i wonder what mage would actually learn both imprisonment and freedom?
    fer a sadistic game - imprison some sod, free hom later - imprison again etc. :)

9. Lothar Gems: 5/31

The imprisoned mage is near some sort of carved rock face, in the cavern leading to two of the elemental portals.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Don't forget to release everybody. After the (22000xp) Lich and some other loser enemy I think. You talk to a Deep Gnome. He's the son of the weapon salesman in the village and you will recieve xp for saving him. ;)

11. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

R'syil I think you're talking about the Iron sphere with all the facets. Everyone else is talking about the Imprisoned mage you free and then help to get the Rod of Absorption.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah,, i was :o AARGH! I gotta re-install BG2, I missed too many things!!

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Quest done... indeed some xp and the rod of absorption (can sell it for only 75 GP?!)

Mage was near the fire-elemental portal. I already did the rest of the quests, freed Rsyll's other imprinoned mages etc. and know I'm already in the drow city....

14. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmmm, I missed the imprisoned mage in the underdark. Is there some sort of clue that tells you someone is imprisoned there?

15. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31

You need to talk to the Duergar traders that are located deep South of the map. (If I remember rightly.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.