1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Import blues...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by nicksull, Sep 28, 2000.

1. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I imported my multi-player party from BG 1. Among that group I have two human dual-classed characters: A Fighter-Cleric and a Fighter-Conjurer. I wanted a Conjurer who had an extra boost of hit points and a Cleric with some specialization with a mace. Well, Boo-hoo, I can't make my cleric a Priest of Lathander?? And my Conjurer? In BG2 she's gotta be a plain old mage? C'mon Black Isle! She was ALREADY a Conjurer! That's not even a new class! WHY no new kit on dual-class? And during the import I chose find familiar.. yep, you guessed it, can't use that spell unless it's your protagonist casting it. Why was that choice made? And finally I was under the impression that we would be able to locate a fair amount of our old equipment after we escaped the prison... I found THREE Helms of Balduran in a chest on the way out.. I don't want three helms, I want my +3 2-handed sword and +3 Golden Plate from Sword Coast! By the way.. I LOVE Baldur's Gate Two!!! Fantastic game! Should have been more accomodating on the imports though. (I want a familiar!)

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Three Helms of Balduran? How did you pull that off? Sounds like a bug to me, each imported character has BG2 create another of the same item and randomly places it in the game world. That's not a good thing. If this theory is correct, you'll also find 3 of your 2-handed swords and Golden Plate.

Anyhow, you will come across these items, but not at the start of the game. You may find some in Chapter 2, or Chapter 4. Irenicus sold all your equipment to pay for his experiments and if you're lucky, you'll find your stuff on a merchant or out in the realms or perhaps even being used against you until you can get it back.

You're saying your Fighter/Conjurer when imported was just a Fighter/Mage? Odd.

Your priest cannot become a Priest of Lathander. This is a specific quest for that class and you BECOME this by completing it. It is not a selectable option during character imports or creation.

On that note, be careful with dual class imports. You can only receive character specific quests for the class you are currently building. So if you were a Cleric first, then dualed to a Fighter, you can never become a Specialty Priest because it is your Fighter that is your actuall class. Your Fighter/Cleric would get the Stronghold quest for fighters. Ditto for your Fighter/Mage (Conjurer).

Syl...

3. Kaenash Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hmmm, I started a priest of Lathander.

Also a priest of Helm...

right off the bat, without importing anything.

Had the special abilitys of the kit.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Really? The FAQ said you couldn't do this and it was quest releated. I guess the final changed a few things.

Syl...

5. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Actually, the manual says that only the FIRST class in an imported dual-class can have a special kit. But since the SECOND class is the one you will be advancing with in this game it makes NO sense to restrict kit selection in the SECOND class. Designers should have restricted the old class instead since it's probably a low level and is no longer gaining experience. Also, you CAN start as a Priest of Lathander... but NOT as a fighter/Priest of Lathander if the fighter class came first. Design reason? It's a mystery to me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.